“Friendly Hotel”

Ranked #37 of 46 Hotels in York
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Friendly Hotel”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful. I called before we arrived to chck on the parking and what to do if their limited spaces were taken.

At check in, the room was ready early so we were able to go to the room straight away, we had been able to park too.

The hotel is everything you would expect from an Ibis. It looks like a converted townhouse with a rear modern extension. The bar restaurant area is modern and fresh.

The buffet breakfast was good and plentiful.

The hotel is a short walk from Micklegate, 10 mins from the railway station, the city walls and next door is the Hotel de Vin.

We used the free wifi too, though the signal was not strong.

I would to use this hotel again if staying in York.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are probably quieter than those on the main road.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
-Helen-Eades-, Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Thai first
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I arrived by train and this hotel is only a few minutes walk from the station, although about 15 mins walk from the city centre. The room I was given was quite small but very clean and quiet. However I couldn't connect to the wi-fi. When I mentioned this to the receptionist, she moved me to another room immediately. This room was huge, with a comfy king-size bed and a large spotlessly clean bathroom. I connected to the wi-fi with no problem but the signal was erratic. The room was quiet and there was no noise at all from outside.
My only gripe with the room was that the duvet was far too heavy for summer use and the shower lacked a little power.
There was a good choice at breakfast (nice sausages) in the large dining room.
I will definitely stay here again if I cant get a cheap room closer to the centre.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
-Helen-Eades-, Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and hope you will choose to stay with us again during your next visit to York.
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in June for my partners birthday. The hotel is really upto date and new looking in the Reception and bar area but the rooms are very basic and could do with modernising.
And unfortunately we had a very noisy neighbour (we could even hear their conversations) so not sure if this is because the walls/ceilings are thin.

The centre of York is about 20 min walk from Hotel.
We loved York and will definitely be returning but we will be choosing other accommodation next time.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
-Helen-Eades-, Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your review.
I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and will address the issues that you have brought to my attention.
Lerwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Having read some of the other reviews of this hotel I was a bit worried, but if you need a comfy bed and room for a couple of nights while in the city, without spending a lot, then this is perfectly fine.

The reception and restaurant has been modernised - very friendly, helpful staff, but when you get beyond that the decor is a bit tired. The poppy print carpets and door plaques are very tired and actually grubby looking, but the rooms (at least ours) were very comfy. Air Con would be good, but the fan was very much appreciated.

A great place to lay your hat whilst in the city, just a short walk to most places.
Again, decor is a bit fusty, but it seems clean and we definitely enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
-Helen-Eades-, Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for your review.
I'm pleased to hear that on the whole you have enjoyed your stay with us. We will shortly be updating our corridors and for any future visits to ibis York, I'm sure that you will see improvements.
manchester
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as it was in a short walking distance to York centre, on first impressions it was good, though the corridors give it a dates look, the room was small & clean but perfect for the 2 of us, bearing in mind we were out list of the day/night. The breakfast was fantastic! With an excellent variety for all! Parking was free! So a definite bonus! We will definitely visit again! Well worth the price! Xx

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Vicky B
-Helen-Eades-, Manager at Ibis York Centre, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
I am pleased to hear that you found us to be perfect for the price.
I hope you choose to stay with us again during your next visit to York.