Not one of Ibis' better properties. The positives are that the ground floor public areas (restaurant / Bar) are in good condition, there is a reasonable amount of free parking at the rear of the hotel (but it fills up quickly and it cannot be reserved) and finally, the staff are friendly and helpful.
The downsides make up a somewhat longer list, being:
- The rest of the hotel need refurbishment, in particular the carpets are so dirty, they are beyond the point that they should be thrown away.
- The air cooling / heating system in the room (Note: not air conditioning according the the notice in the room) didn't work, so a few stuff nights were spent, as the window couldn't be opened as it has been painted shut, though even if it could be opened, the traffic and revellers (see more below) on the road outside would have made sleeping impossible.
- The shower was just about the worst I have ever come across in a hotel and I have seen a few. No water came out in a trickle and around every 20 seconds the water would become scalding hot, before returning the the temperature selected.
- The hotel says it offers evening meals. Possibly, but not on the evenings I stayed.
- I don't know about the rest of York, but the road from the hotel into the centre of York was full of binge drinking and noisy revellers each evening. Judging by the number of police out and about and the light van triving around with a large digital display on the back asking the locals not too dirnk too much and consider the consequences, perhaps binge drinking in the evening is a something of a problem in these parts.
All in all, not a great
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis York Centre hotel is a budget hotel, located at the gates of the city walls, within a short walking distance from the Train Station and the main city centre. The National Railway museum and York's Racecourses are within a short driving distance. The en-suite accommodation comes with internet access and with satellite TV. Facilities include Café and bar offering hot and cold snacks 24 hours a day, WIFI, and two modern meeting rooms. Parking £7 per 24 hours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Lastminute, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis York Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis York Centre Hotel York
- Accor York Centre
- Ibis Hotel York
- Hotel Ibis York