Best Western York Pavilion Hotel
Park Inn
US$160
US$134
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$183
US$150
  • Pool
Novotel York Centre(York)(Great Value!)
US$89
Hotel Noir(Clifton)
US$68
US$64
Hotels.com
Wheatlands Lodge Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$131
US$126
  • Breakfast included
US$192
1,376 results
All reviewsjohn barrywestern hotelswedding venuebridal suitecity centrelovely hoteldesigner outletcar parkcountry housebus servicefour poster bedevery member of staffbus stopfull englishbooked this hotelcooked breakfastno lift
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We had a lovely last minute stay in a very comfortable courtyard room twin beds.The breakfast was superb and the service faultless.we were treate dlike royalty and one chap from israel was grat.Waal was his name and the manager of the restaurant was also very friendly and helpful.Ninety nine pound a night was pretty high but we were so tired we just booked in.The hotel has many interesting areas too.we would go back without hesitation,

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We booked this hotel for our wedding based on the beautiful rooms & character of the hotel. We used the Sandy Richardson suite for both the ceremony (with 1/2 the room partitioned off) and for the reception & evening do using the full room. The staff did a fantastic job, paying exquisite attention to detail. Nothing was to much trouble & they went above & beyond any level of customer service ive ever experienced. Whenever we visited the hotel we were greeted like royalty and made to feel completely at ease about all the wedding prep.

Myself & 2 of my bridesmaids stayed at the hotel the night before the wedding & stayed in a very clean, spacious room. On the morning of the wedding the put me up bed was quickly removed & extra chairs & glasses were brought up for while we got ready. Housekeeping very quickly turned round the bridal suite from the previous days wedding so i could have photo's in there before the ceremony.

Kate, the wedding co-ordinator is a lovely, friendly girl, who is always at the end of the phone to go over every single detail of the wedding. She clearly loves her job & made the whole wedding process scarily calming! Shaun the general manager was always on hand to oversee the smooth running & even helped carry the train on my dress. It was nice to see him serving the wedding breakfast with the waiters aswell. He is definitely not the kind of manager who has a superiority complex! If any brides book a wedding here I would advise them to request Rob to be their master of ceremony. He kept the whole day flowing from start to finish. He was there whenever we needed him & kept the day running to schedule. Little touches like putting a DVD on for the kids while speeches took place was brilliant. We were even suprised by the hotel with chinese lanterns! It was a lovely suprise & a moment we'll never forget. Our day was absolutely perfect & i would definitely recomend the Pavilion for a fairytale wedding.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Booked into this hotel last minute as we were travelling to elvington the following day for a race track experience day.
The room was freezing cold, the window wasnt closed properly and wouldnt shut so there was a whirr and breeze coming through.
My husband called down to the reception at 10:30pm to ask if someone could please look at the heating in our room..we were told that they would reboost the heating..we waited, still no heating. He rang back down and asked to speak with the duty manager. We were told "the best i can do is give you a blow heater!" My husband told the manager that we were not prepared to pay to stay in a freezing room so they either move us rooms or move us to a diff hotel. later, we were moved into a suite room with four poster and balcony. very warm indeed which we appreciated.

however will not be back here im afraid.

Room Tip: aviod room 28. room 44 is nice
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I booked this venue for my wedding and what an amazing day we had. I stayed on the Friday night prior to the wedding and the staff were plesant and welcoming. The room was a large room which is what I requested as all my bridesmaids were to get ready there in the morning.

On the morning of my wedding I went down for breakfast, greeted by a freindly waiter. The breakfast was brilliant. Getting ready for the ceremony the wedding planner, Kate was on hand to ensure everything was ok, she even helped fasten the bridesmaid dresses.

The day it's self was amazing with great gardens for photos to the service the staff provide. I honestly couldn't of asked for anymore.The food was amazing and when the children was being picky with the starter the staff offered alternatives. Even when we eventually got to the room at 1am to find out family had ransacked it the porters sorted it and wouldn't let us help.

Overall a brilliant venue with great staff and service. I would highly recommend this hotel as a wedding venue.

Room Tip: Bridal suite 3 is amazing!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We booked this hotel for my daughter's wedding and it was amazing, amazing, amazing! Every member of staff from the bar staff and waitresses, to the hotel managers were wonderful and just couldn't do enough for you! The food was super, the wedding planner so helpful and accommodating - the whole all round experience was great! We had taken about eight room and all were spotlessly clean and the public areas cosy and welcoming. Outside areas were spacious and beautifully maintained. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone. No wonder it is ranked among the top wedding venues in York!

Room Tip: There is no lift, so if access is a problem request a downstairs room.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family