Best Western York Pavilion Hotel
  • Room Service
US$184
US$151
  • Pool
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$121
US$114
US$99
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$91
US$112
US$95
1,376 results
All reviewsjohn barrywestern hotelswedding venuebridal suitecity centrelovely hoteldesigner outletcar parkcountry housebus servicefour poster bedevery member of staffbus stopfull englishbooked this hotelcooked breakfastno lift
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Last month my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed a long weekend at York Pavilion Hotel. A lovely Georgian property with excellent parking facilities and very easy access to York, and the surrounding area.
This hotel is for you if you are looking for somewhere to relax and unwind as we were. Our room and en suite were superb, very clean, tastefully decorated, warm and extremely comfortable.. I had one of the best nights sleep I have ever had. Superb bed and wonderfully comfortable pillows.
On arrival we received a warm and friendly welcome and throughout our stay all the staff were charming and very considerate. Nothing was too much trouble.
Each morning we enjoyed a freshly cooked breakfast. There was a excellent choice of food that was both plentiful and delicious. We found the restaurant to be outstanding with both the food and wine first rate. We particularly liked the fish dishes which were very varied and utterly delicious - the halibut was such a treat. We then enjoyed our coffee by a roaring open fire in the lounge. Sheer bliss.
We loved the courtyard garde, peaceful and gorgeous and just the place to enjoy a quiet drink on a fine evening.
We look forward immensely to being able to return..

Reviewed 2 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here whilst visiting friends. The room was spacious and comfortable with a very well appionted bathroom.
We had checked beforehand that the restaurant opened on Sunday evenings and looked forward to a quality meal with the reputation the hotel has.Sadly that was not to be.
Whilst we would not discount staying at the hotel again we may look elsewhere to dine.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear offer a quiet nights sleep
Reviewed 31 March 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night to celebrate my birthday, and left feeling very let down and like we got very little value for money. On arrival we checked into the hotel, and were somewhat rushed through the details of where our room was, and were not given basic information such as where to go for breakfast in the morning and what times it was being served.

We then went into our room to find a rather tired looking space. There were damp patches visible on the wall paper, and all of the decor looked more than ready for refreshing. There was muck in the bath, no batteries in the tv remote, and the radiator was not working, all little things but they added to the frustrating feeling we were not getting what we had paid for. The non-working radiator was reported to reception as the room was cold, and we were assured someone would look at it, this never happened and subsequently the room was very cold all night.

Having arrived mid afternoon we wanted to grab a quick bite to eat to put us on before our evening meal that was booked elsewhere in York. On inquiring in the bar area where we could get something to eat we were rather bluntly told by the bar man that as they were serving a wedding all we could have was sandwiches, while this is all we actually wanted I feel it is wrong that had I wanted a cooked meal I would have been unable to get one. Whilst I do not condemn the hotel for having weddings, obviously it is a massive income stream for them, I do feel they ought to ensure that whilst running such an event they continue to offer their other guests a high quality service when they are paying a premium price.

Finally the breakfast was rather disappointing with only one rasher of very fatty bacon, and one sausage. There was a fair selection of fruits, cereals and toast etc. However I have got a lot better tasting breakfasts at a much smaller price at other hotels.

All in all we left feeling very disappointed by our stay, having received very poor value for money. I note that there are a lot of positive reviews about this hotel, but we did not receive any of the excellent service reported by other customers.

1  Thank Colhep
Reviewed 22 March 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a four night break and it was a lovely base to explore both York and the surrounding areas. There is a lovely riverside walk which takes you into the town. The room was spacious with a four poster bed and a good size ensuite. We didn't eat in the hotel - other than breakfasts which were plentiful. The only criticism I would have is that the tables were pushed very close together at breakfast and it was a little uncomfortable from a proximity point of view, but the staff were happy and helpful. The hotel is apparently used for functions and business meetings/events and sometimes there was a wait at reception whilst these visitors were being dealt with. Despite this it is a beautiful building with beautiful courtyard gardens. We would stay the again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the York Pavilion Hotel. The room was very comfortable with a huge bathroom, and gorgeous 4 poster bed.
We ate in the restaurant and had a lovely meal, the service was fantastic, just at the right level - discreet enough but on hand when you needed service. Food was great. I had the special - duck which was lovely - maybe could have had a little more (greedy me!) - but dining guests had fish & chips which was fabulous (as I ate some of that!) Partner had the steak special - really lovely tender - melt in the mouth beef, he really enjoyed it with a fabulous red wine! Pudding great - not too much just right amount for us - then cheese - lovely!
The room was exceptional. the bed so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it! Pillows (of which I am very fussy and often travel with my own!) just gorgeous.
Breakfast was busy (sat morning) but staff excellent and coped really well. Girl who served us was lovely, and watching her; she was fab with every customer - especially a gentleman in a wheelchair.

Overall would definitely recommend this hotel- lovely homely feel to it. staff really try to accommodate. Great Location especially for the York Marathon as so close to the University!

Room Tip: Not sure it really matters - all rooms are fantastically furnished, with a real 'exclusive' homely touch!