“Staff, fantastic, food, amazing. Had my wedding reception there.”

Best Western York Pavilion Hotel
Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in York
“Staff, fantastic, food, amazing. Had my wedding reception there.”
Reviewed 25 October 2010

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the pavilion and the staff couldn't do enough for us. I've sent the some flowers and a thankyou card they were that good. The food was beautiful and we saw 8 different rooms due to family staying and they were all so different, gorgeous decor and very clean. Everyone couldn't believe how great the hotel was, the food and staff. We had the best day of our lives thanks to the pavilion.

• Stayed August 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2010

A good hotel with accomodating staff, very well presented but smallish portions in the restaurant, the room that we had was very spacious, clean and comfortable. although some people in the group moaned but you cannot please everyone all yje time.

norfolk
Reviewed 19 October 2010

We stayed in September 2010 for two nights

The price was reasonable but

(1) the bedroom lighting was gloomy and it was
impossible to read books or newspapers

(2) there was a very limited trickle of hot water
and the basin took ages to partially fill

5 Thank cacpfn
Old Basing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Really warm greeting from all the staff. They tried very hard to accomodate all our requirements. We were a large group, 45, and we were all settled in 20 minutes.
Slightly dissapointed that we had some customers living over the road from the hotel.
The food, generally was quite acceptable although the portions were on the small side.
Special mention to Rob in the restaurant and Adam, the duty manager. They were the best ambassadors that a hotel could have. They interacted well with the group and nothing was too much trouble.
The hotel was on a main road into town and there was a good bus service from the bus stop opposite. Just far enough out of town to be away from the bustle of a city centre.
We would use this hotel again for one of our groups.

Addlestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2010

A friendly hotel with the most helpful staff I have ever encountered. Nothing was too much trouble for them. About three miles from the centre of York - a nice hotel with a very pretty exterior. It is certainly not five star but I was extremely comfortable there and the showers are to die for. I have stayed in far worse. The restaurant service was a little slow but to be fair I do not think they were used to dealing with large coach parties. The food was very nice but avoid the Shepherd's Pie.

I can really recommend this hotel - the helpful and friendly staff made my stay an absolute pleasure and I would go again.

Penarth UK
Reviewed 29 September 2010

The room was nicely furnished in an annex in a lovely garden. The staff were helpful and I found the free WiFi useful. Location is a couple of miles from the centre but still walkable. However buses run every 10 minutes during the day.

Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2010

We stayed at this hotel as a result of a gamble with last minute secret hotels. This for those of you that dont know is where you pay your money and take a chance. I hadn't done it before and wouldnt again.
We were given a small double at the back of the hotel which was clean and simply furnished. The water provided a luke warm bath and the shower head so close to the wall that I was glad I wasnt any larger as my front would have remained dry.
We decided to have a drink in the bar which lacked any soft furnishings to encourage those to linger. This bar area doubled as the over spill area for breakfast which it more aptly suited being light and airy with a colonial feel with orangery style roof light.
Our deal included a cooked breakfast and we arrived 40 minutes before the end of service. The cold section was lacking and having elected to miss this and go straight for the full English ... doesnt everyone ? I found the provision of half a slice of black pudding most preculiar, had the chef eaten half, was I rationed as my size 14 dress fitted or is that normal ? The bacon had glanced at the pan and looked like my Scottish friend with sunburn ( if you like it cooked best specify ) the hash brown had obviously been hanging around a while, the four button mushrooms tinned ? need I say more .... choose a different breakfast. As for the nights sleep ... the hotel was stifling so we turned the radiator off and opened the window an inch only to be kept awake by what was probably an extractor of sorts going all night.
In saying all this, the staff were polite and there were enough of them. Maybe the other rooms were nicer but this certainly didnt lend itself to romance. Good luck

1 Thank Ninapup