“excellent stay”

Ranked #34 of 45 Hotels in York
York, United Kingdom
“excellent stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

had a 1 night stay at the Marriott as a treat from my husband. The room was lovely, all clean. Bed massive and a view over the race course. Large shower and bath, water hot.
Swimming pool was a nice extra. All staff were polite. Breakfast-plenty to choose from. York is a brilliant place.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking racecourse lovely and had a balcony to sit out on.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MarkLeylandGM, General Manager at York Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Sue
Many thanks for taking the time to post this review. We all agree that York is a brilliant place and I am so pleased you enjoyed your time in our wonderful city.
Thank you for your kind words which I will be sure to pass on to my hard working colleagues. I do hope we can welcome you back soon and thank you for all your loyal custom.
Mark Leyland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Wasn't up to Marriott standards in the US but was an ok place to stay for a couple nights. Evrything was clean and the pool was very welcoming.
The staff was friendly and helpful. but don't let them tell you that you can walk to the Ministry. I guess you could but I couldn't, that woulda been all of my walking for the day!!

1 Thank Captmark20
Dear Captmark20
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. It is very heartening to learn how friendly and helpful you found my colleagues. I will be sure to share your feedback in our daily meeting.
Many people do like the walk along the racecourse and walls to the Minster but we are very fortunate to also have a great bus service which stops just outside the hotel.
I hope you had a safe journey home and that we can welcome you back soon.
inverness
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed here for three nights, the hotel is clean and spacious, the staff are courteous and helpful. We ate in the restaurant on one evening and the food was excellent. The gardens are well kept and pleasant to sit out in.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
MarkLeylandGM, General Manager at York Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Ellie
Thank you for taking the time to post this review and also for your great feedback.
I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and it will be my pleasure to share your comments with my hard working colleagues.
I do hope we can welcome you back soon and thanks once again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Spent the last 2 weeks in York on business, great hotel, large bedroom, great restaurant, wonderful food, great views of the racecourse, 15 minute walk into thec centre of York, great city to explore. The hotel staff very friendly, great leisure complex, certainly stay again the next time I'm in York.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ian
Many thanks for your kind words and indeed your loyal custom. It is great to hear you had a good couple of weeks with us whilst on business.
I will be sure to share your positive feedback with my team and please do ask for me the next time you are with us so I can thank you in person.
Many thanks once again.
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Had three nights at this really good hotel on a visit to York from Scotland. A smiling receptionist greeted us, our room was much nicer than we expected - a great view across the race course and a balcony big enough to sit on. ALL the staff - without exception - were helpful, charming and efficient. We have several meals, all of which were very tasty and the breakfast must score a ten out of ten. Would really recommend this hotel to anyone visiting York.

Room Tip: Room 66 is lovely and spacious - a long walk through a corridor but worth it when you get there. Oth...
2 Thank Polly B
MarkLeylandGM, General Manager at York Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Polly
Thank you for such a fantastic review. My colleagues and I are all absolutely delighted that we were able to create such a good impression and that you enjoyed your time with us.
The room you occupied is one of my personal favourites as the views really are fantastic.
I do hope we can welcome you back soon and many thanks once again for taking the time to provide this feedback, it is incredibly motivational for all my team when we received such praise.
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have had two stays this month at York Marriott. Once in a grandstand room and once in the penthouse suite. Plenty of room in both rooms and the terraces and views overlooking the racecourse are great. Penthouse is certainly the room, really really nice. Bed so comfy, lots of space and really clean.
Staff are great and food is excellent. The leisure facilities are really nice and it is just an all round great hotel for business or pleasure...... Only comment would be issues with answering for room service. On our first occasion we never did get through and the second trip it took a few attempts.
Other than that a great hotel and will certainly return.....

Room Tip: Pick a penthouse suite......
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
MarkLeylandGM, General Manager at York Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Christian
Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with our Tripadvisor community. I am delighted you have enjoyed your recent stays with us so much and thank you for all your loyal custom. I will be sure to review with Andy, my Restaurant & Bar Manager, your feedback regarding contacting our room service colleagues and thank you for highlighting this.
Please do ask for me the next time you are visiting so I can say hello and thank you in person.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Mackay, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had a room in what we called the dungeon area, floor was minus one (-1), and our average room had a good view of the car park. The bed was like sleeping in a hammock. Our friends had a great room looking at gardens and it was a fantastic size with a king size bed. I refer this hotel to being like a ship as it is a very long walk to the rooms and there is only one way in and out, through reception.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a garden facing room on the upper floors.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear JayneJ
Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Whilst I am delighted your friends enjoyed their room and views I am very sorry that you were not as pleased with your own. Our Superior rooms all feature King sized beds and views of our gardens whilst our Grandstand rooms look out on to the racecourse. I will be sure to ask my Executive Housekeeper to review your comments about your bed further.
I do hope we can welcome you back soon and thank you again for your feedback.