“If you're going to have steak on the menu learn how to cook it properly!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of All Bar One York

All Bar One York
Ranked #189 of 850 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Wine Bar, International
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: All Bar One York is a stylish city bar where you can catch up with friends, unwind after work or simply find a sophisticated space to indulge in an excellent selection of food.Within easy reach of the Shambles, Coney Street and York Minster, All Bar One York is the perfect place to meet up with friends or unwind with work colleagues. Of all the bars in York, we've got the right blend of food, drink and atmosphere at any time of day.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“If you're going to have steak on the menu learn how to cook it properly!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Went in here for dinner. The place looked like that of a typical bar but slightly posher. Our drinks came in glass tumblers. Was sat enjoying my drink and got the fright of my life when someone smashed some glass behind the bar. There was no handwash in the toilets. I asked for my steak well done and it came out medium - unacceptable. So I sent it back. Kind of ruined the evening when i had to wait for more food while my friend was eating theirs. When I got my steak back she said is that alright for you, as if to say it was me with the problem when infact it was them who hadn't cooked it well done like I had asked for. It is completley unnaceptable that a place brings you out steak that isn't cooked how you ask it to be! We asked for the bill and the card machine but they just came and plonked the bill on the table and walked off. So we had to spend ages getting their attention again. I was going to rate this place as a 4 but it only has 2 stars from me now as they should have cooked the steak correctly, I don't feel this place is worthy of 3 stars, as three stars is average and it is most certainly not an average experience to get a medium steak when you ask for a well done one.

Visited July 2014

Durham, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This place has gone downhill. Had Sunday Lunch at £9.50. Only veg on offer was tasteless carrots and soft watery broccoli . Frozen roast pots and anaemic chicken. Overpriced tasteless effort. I will give it a miss in future.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Redcar, United Kingdom
“Great place, cannot fault it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I've eaten in here on a number of occasions and just cannot fault it.
I personally like the tapas style dished which mean I can have a variety of different foods at a very reasonable price. Always a good selection of wine on offer too.
I know it's a franchise and that may put people off but I'd urge everyone to try this place, especially if you are out as a couple or a group and fancy a bit of a mixture of foods.
For reference these Restaurants are in a number of cities and each one I've tried have the same high standards.

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very enjoyable breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We visited All Bar One for breakfast and I was not disappointed! I'm not usually a fan of bacon, but their bacon was absolutely delicious! Cooked to perfection! The Bellini's we had with it weren't bad either.

York, United Kingdom
“Great All Round”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Friday night early evening. Enjoyed a burger with pulled pork and a crab & lobster burger,. Both came with fries. A very decent size portion all cooked well and with taste. Service was great. We didn't even have to go to the bar for our drinks. All arrived in a timely manner.

• 3 of 5 bubbles