“Such fun!”
Review of York Cat Trail

York Cat Trail
Ranked #18 of 59 Tours in York
More attraction details
Owner description: FREE FUN IN YORK... aka The Fabulous York Cat Trail provides both visitors and locals with the opportunity to find and photo the numerous statues of cats which are on York's old buildings. These were put there to frighten away rats and mice. The statues were also thought to ward off wandering evil spirits and to bestow good luck and good health on people. Enjoy the trail... it's FREE! You are warmly invited to download it from our website, or to pick it up from our Shambles based shop
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I never imagined that this cat hunting would be such a fun! It is an excellent way to discover parts of the city centre of York and see some excellent types of cat statues attached on walls, hunting on roofs, stretching on balcony rails, curl outside windows or look curiously from above a door as you pass by! I highly recommend it to all cat lovers out there who plan to visit York in the future! You can find a map of the cat trail here: http://www.yorkluckycats.co.uk/york-cat-trail.html

3  Thank Birmaniac_Greece
There are newer reviews for York Cat Trail

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I happened upon this Cat Trail when wandering down the Shambles in York. I saw the leaflet and convinced my hubby to follow it. We are avid photographers visiting York for the weekend, so the trail was a good way of planning a route around the place.

I didn't follow it in the order they suggested and mixed it up with other sight-seeing. Not all cats were easy to find, so it was a bit of a challenge. The cats in Ousegate however are not where they are on the map and we had to cheat with a bit of googling to find them!

Outside the Three Tuns, the security guy asked us if we were cat-hunting, obviously this is popular! I didn't get them all in one day, but managed to get them all over the weekend. Great fun - I'd like to get a cat statue for my own house!

2  Thank bud32
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Being a crazy-cat-lady-in-training this was always going to appeal but my partner thoroughly enjoyed it too and pronounced it a great way of touring the city centre. We viewed the main landmarks that York has to offer, stopping off at various points to explore further, and spent an extremely enjoyable morning following this well-thought out trail.

1  Thank Mary D
Reviewed 17 March 2014

A nice way to spend a sunny day in York.

The cats have an interesting history and it is fun to find them in various places around the city as well as see the wonderful architecture.

2  Thank rebekkakhadija
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We really enjoyed this self guided trail - it's a fun way to see the city, particularly on a sunny spring morning.

1  Thank DLVLondon