“Friendly Staff”

Ranked #235 of 859 Restaurants in York
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cafe Luca is a table service licensed cafe,with 70 covers.Serving everything from allday breakfasts ,sandwiches/toasties,soups,main meals,salads,and snacks.With both vegetarian and gluten free options available.Everything is made to order and made on the premesis,including the cakes and sweet treats.A childrens menu is also available and with plenty of room for pushchairs.With an extensive range of drinks including,teas,coffees,soft drinks including the fentimans range and luxury milkshakes made with Yorvale ice cream.We now have a small al fresco area at the front of the cafe,for sunny days, people with dogs or those wanting to smoke.
york
“Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

Having read the last review, I feel I must comment on the remarks about the waitress in question. I have been visiting this cafe for a number of years,just about the number of years she has worked there and I can honestly say not once has she been rude or impersonable. Sheis always pleasant and cheerful at all times as are most of the staff,nothing's too much trouble for her and she will always go the extra mile for you.the food is always good in Cafe Luca especially the all day breakfast. Coffee is consistently good too, I like to be fair and give credit where it's due and this waitress will always get my vote for wonderful service.

• Visited February 2014

Somerset, United Kingdom
“Nice, but disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

The cafe is clean and welcoming, but the waitress who served us was as personable as a rock, she didn't even acknowledge us and made me feel quite uncomfortable. The food was very tasty, but I was disappointed that my smoked club sandwich didn't have a shred of 'smoked' taste in it. No complaints about the quality at all, but I won't be going back, sorry.

Visited January 2014
Northallerton, United Kingdom
“Lucky find.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

We chanced on this place today. Good menu choices of breakfast menu all day, soup, jacket potatoes, sandwiches/baguettes etc, salads or home made cooked lunches. We just had a sausage sandwich made with very good quality, tasty sausages. Sausages supplied by the Sausage Shop in The Shambles (our next stop to buy some!). Service was pleasant and efficient. Cakes and pastries looked very nice but didn't try them. Noticed if you have a sandwich or toastie you can exchange the crisps in the garnish for chips for just £1 extra. Will go again on future visits to York.

• Visited January 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Good stop for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch to get out of the cold and rain. Good menu at reasonable prices. Would stop here again. Staff was so so though

“Great place for breakfast! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Went here in the morning for breakfast whilst on a trip to York. Really great value - especially for the excellent quality of the food. I can only speak for what I had but the sausages really seemed like something special. Luca does breakfasts all day too which I thought was great l, would definitely visit again next time I'm in York!