“Great food and warm service!”
Review of Jinnah Restaurant York - CLOSED

Jinnah Restaurant York
Price range: US$1 - US$24
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Dropped in on Friday with 2 friends - we had been recommended this restaurant by some friends who had a really good weekend. We ordered of the a la carte menu and thoroughly enjoyed our meal, the service was warm and friendly and I'm shocked we'd not been before! I picked up a take away menu whilst leaving and am looking forwards to ordering a take away next time as they deliver which is great.

We love our curries and I can honestly say it's one of the best indians in York

Reviewed 21 August 2011

I ate here with my friend ..I had chicken bhuna from the a la carte and my friend had fish we could have had eaten the buffet but that might have been over indulgence .. the bread to share at the next table would have fed a small army ! my meal was delicious as was the nan bread, however the fish my friend had was not as expected it was not a selection and while the fish tasted really nice the colour red was a bit off putting. My friend complained nicely and the meal was not charged ..THe service was excellent and at one stage a crowd of men came in to the next table( rugby types )and the waiter offered to move us to a quieter table witout us asking.... I woul really recommend this restaurant.|We also got free complimentary drinks. Opposite YORK dungeon

1  Thank intrepidDonegal
Reviewed 16 August 2011

To be fair, we love our Indian food and have tried many, from home-cooked to fine dining, but this place offered the best Indian food we've ever tried.
I won't go into the finer points of each and every dish, suffice to say we had a set meal for three and everything was fresh and absolutely delicious and reasonably priced at £13 a head for starters, three mains, naan bread, popadums etc - far more than we could manage.
So, can't fault it! If you're in York, go there!

Reviewed 15 August 2011

We were in York for a weekend, and decided to try the Jinnah on Saturday night. We should have guessed that things ween't that good by the fact the place was only a third full, and that was on a Saturday night that was very lively in York. Our waiter was more intent in talking to a group of his friends than he was in serving us. When we were eventually served, I decided on a fish dish. The fish was tasteless, all they had done was to add red food colouring to the coating. at this point, with my wife's starter not being any better, I asked for the manager, in order to complain, (politely), asked for our bill, paid and left. Our evening was completely spoiled. It was our first time in York and could have spoiled our trip. Fortuneately, there are other good restuarants in York, but we certainly won't be returing to the Jinnah.

5  Thank JLSnr
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We tried the Jinnah quite by accident one Sunday afternoon,,, Well we've never looked back. The buffet is something not to be missed, such an array of dishes, and never the same each time we go!!
I say each time we go as a Traditional sunday lunch is now the Jinnah buffet for us now. If we miss thro' work commitments my hubby insists we go in the week !!
Go on give it a go!!