“Lovely indian from an indian lover”
Review of Jinnah Restaurant York - CLOSED

Jinnah Restaurant York
Price range: US$1 - US$24
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Great indian. Comprehensive pickle tray. Beautiful. We go here nearly every time we are in York. Never tried the buffet, always go for the big menu.

1  Thank dr_m_a_thompson
There are newer reviews for Jinnah Restaurant York

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Still on the trail of a lovely curry in York, this was our latest venture. There's a buffet option, but we stuck with a la carte.
The menu is a waste of time, with attempts at romantic and profound descriptions of dishes - completely unhelpful. This forced us to consult the waiter to assist us in describing/deciding what to have. He was really helpful, and as a necessity does this a lot. Our service throughout was good.
The poppadums and pickle tray was good, the mixed shared starter smelled and tasted of 'deep fry', apart from the bhajis which were decent. None of us enjoyed our mains - mine was very spicy :) but tasteless :(.
Overall, poor .... compared with expectations.

1  Thank Harbmeister
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Had an other great meal last night. Chicken Pakora and Chicken Jalfrazi both were as yummy as on my all last trips. Good job by feruk and rest of the staff!!!!!!!!! See you all soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This is a nice restaurant and I cannot fault the service. However the food was very disappointing.

I had one of their special chicken curries which I found very tasteless, If i had to describe it , I would say it tasted like poor quality roast chicken with a hot sauce poured over the top.
My partner has a vegetarian curry, which was bright red in colour and again rather bland.

Nothing wrong with the food, but given the wonderful spices they have to work and the flavours a good chef can generate, this to me was little more than meat with a cheap sauce poured over it

Given the other reviews I had great expectations

1  Thank greeenie007
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Our second visit to York and our second visit to Jinnah. We looked on tripadvisor to find an Indian restaurant for dinner. We opted for the a la carte menu which was excellent.Service was great too