“They know what they are doing”
Review of Jinnah Restaurant York - CLOSED

Jinnah Restaurant York
Price range: US$1 - US$23
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
York, United Kingdom
“They know what they are doing”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have eaten probably more than 15 times here in the past 8 months and every time I have been there the place has been buzzing just like my last night's visit. My whole family loves the place including my 6 years old daughter, who loves her tika masla and small ice cream served in small cartoon containers.
By the way my grand mom is celiac who have been eating here for a while too, never had any problem with her food and yes the only thing she is told not to have is naan bread, as it is not glutton free. Just thought to mention on a lighter note here because just read a negative review accusing the whole family's favourite place did not like at all. Well done Jinnah!!!!!!!!!!!! and carry on doing great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank john s

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Absolutely fantastic food and restaurant”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I arrived here with my wife for the York races and fancied an Indian meal...so the hotel we was staying at had recommended jinnah as we were told the Indian food was fantastic... When I got here the service was very good also the food was very nice I would recommend this place to anyone liveing or visteting York

1 Thank AdammHajee
Whitby, United Kingdom
“said gluten free ill all night”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

went in a few years ago and did not have a good experience but thought we would try again
waiter assured us all food apart from nans where gluten free, wife blew up like a balloon was ill all night and part of next day, also they have dumbed down the starter that you get with set meal no kebabs in fact no meat at all .last time we said never again, this time we mean it

Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“excellent”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

An excellent meal and the staff are more than friendly and very help full. Have been there a few times and now i dont have to ask for a drink they know what we both want and i have still to fault the place.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Chris C
“Adequate, but nothing to encourage a repeat visit”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We booked a table at short notice for 9:30pm on a busy Friday night, and were surprised to be able to get seats. However, on arrival the restaurant was only about 25% full.

The first issue was with trying to read the menu. The restaurant was VERY dimly lit and the menu is printed on black card. This resulted in us all having to use the light from our mobile phones to see the selections available.

Poppadoms and pickles were provided in a timely manner, with a good range of flavours. Our order was taken promptly, too.

We ordered a bottle of white wine, which was tepid, and when asked to provide an ice bucket, the waiter seemed to regard this as an inconvenience. When it arrived, there was a paucity of ice (in hindsight, we hadn't considered the necessity of actually specifying that the bucket should contain any ice, but naively took that for granted!).

The main courses were tasty, and of good portion size. However, my wife's lamb was chewy and very burnt in parts. The sauce was burnt onto the bottom of the serving bowl, but by-the-by.

All in all, it was an acceptable experience, but we wouldn't hurry back again.

Visited July 2014