“Good breakfast”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Good breakfast”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Ordered 3 breakfasts, only 2 came. Had to sit n wait 5mins for one while other 2 ate theirs. Not ideal. Staff redeemed themselves with complimentary coffees. Note to caterers everywhere - a coffee costs you pennies but goes a long way to soothing annoyed customers. Food was excellent, place v clean. Would visit again

• Visited April 2013
Caroline S, Manager at The Lowther, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
Thank you for your review! I am sorry to hear there was a delay with your breakfasts, but thank you for being so patient with us and understanding that sometimes these things happen. I am very glad to hear that you were given complimentary coffees whilst you waited for the final breakfast, we understand how frustrating it is to be the only person without a meal, and we do try to ensure that our mistakes are rectified as quickly as possible! Thank you for your lovely review, we hope you will visit us again soon! If you wish to contact us for anything please feel free to contact me personally via my email: carolinesmith.thelowther@gmail.com Thank you again!

Newcastle, England, United Kingdom
“You can order a posh fish finger off the menu haha”
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

Loved this pub. From outside it doesn't look anything special but once inside it looks amazing. Food was great im a great fan of a fish finger sandwich and couldn't believe they had it on the menu. Only thing I will say is the white wine wasn't cold. And the view was amazing

• Visited April 2013
Caroline S, Manager at The Lowther, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
Thank you for such a lovely review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit (and your fish finger sandwich!) and very much hope you will visit us again, if you should wish to contact us in the future please do not hesitate to email me, my email address is carolinesmith.thelowther@gmail.com thank you again!
“Best place in york”
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

Really impressed with every aspect of this pub. Music is fantastic and the staff are all friendly and helpful.
5 stars!!!

Caroline S, Manager at The Lowther, responded to this review, 7 April 2013
Thank you for such an excellent review! We are all very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit to The Lowther and very much hope you will visit us again. If you ever wish to contact us in the future please do not hesitate to do so, my email address is carolinesmith.thelowther@gmail.com Thank you again!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible..”
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

Visited on Saturday night, walked in and was immediately impressed by the recent refurb. Went straight to the bar to get some drinks, 6 bar staff, and only a steady queue of people.. 30 minutes later, still no drinks and not even any acknowledgement from the bar staff. They seemed like they didn't quite grasp the concept of the 'queuing system'. I.e they were there first so I'll serve them next.. I got that sick of waiting I left and went elsewhere. The staff didn't really seem to be in a hurry about anything and even asking one another how to make drinks which is pretty poor in my eyes. I certainly won't be hurrying back.

1 Thank Chris B
Caroline S, Manager at The Lowther, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us on this occasion. We understand that Saturday was a little hectic, it was our reopening weekend and we have recently taken on a lot of new staff. We are hoping that things will be much more settled for the coming weekend, and hope that you will consider visiting us again in the future. Please accept my deepest apologies for the wait, and if you would like to discuss this matter further I would be more than happy to help. My email address is carolinesmith.thelowther@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best pub in York”
Reviewed 3 February 2013

It has become religion to get off the bus and head straight to Lowther for drinks before heading to the clubs. Great atmosphere, good prices and nice layout provide the perfect pub for socializing and having a laugh.

'Jordan M'

Caroline S, Manager at The Lowther, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
Thank you very much for such a positive review! We are very happy you enjoy your visits to our establishment, and very much hope you will continue to visit. Make sure you pop down for some drinks before heading to the clubs again when the new bar opens (should be the end of March!!) We very much hope you will enjoy it just as much!