“Our new favourite”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Our favourite Indian closed down recently so we have been trying many others in York but none were anyway near as good. We were about to give up and stick to Chinese when we were recommended Indian Vibes. We were very impressed. The food is excellent quality and very tasty. This is the only Indian we will be using from now on.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

On holiday from Scotland we thought we'd try Indian Vibes as it was 5 mins walk from where we were staying. Reviews here suggested it was worth a visit; we're very glad we did! Firstly, I phoned to book a table just on 5 o'clock, when they open. There was no answer, so I assumed I should phone later. To my surprise, they phoned me back! A first for any restaurant in my experience! They have very varied cuisine and both my wife and I found the food to be superb - the best Indian meal we've had for a long time. Also the staff were extremely pleasant and friendly, and the atmosphere welcoming. If you like Indian cuisine and you're in York, this is well worth a visit!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Very tasty food, top quality service, great atmosphere what else could one ask for. Would definitely recommend and will be returning shortly

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We have eaten here a couple of times and most recently got takeaway. The food is delicious and comes in good portion sizes. When we ate in we got free baileys at the end which was a nice touch. With takeaway it was free poppadoms! Would definitely recommend and will be going again next time we visit York.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We went to this restaurant a couple of nights ago - early evening for a treat ! I should have known what to expect when there was no one else in the place but decided to give it a go anyway. Although there is a £10 three course deal poster in the window for Monday to Thursday nights we were not offered it. I should have gone for the bottled Cobra as well because the draft was pretty warm and tepid - first pint off no doubt and it had been a hot day. No I didn't get a second (or third) one was enough. The lamb vindaloo was rather mild to say the least and the wife's chicken tikka main meal was a little meager size wise. Service was OK - civil and polite but neither waiter appeared to have any personality and I certainly did not come away feeling a valuable customer. The whole experience - average. Would I go back ? No I wouldn't. I actually walked past other Indian Restaurants to get to Indian Vibes and will be trying one of them instead the next time (or anywhere else come to that).