My wife and I stayed here last weekend. We walked from the station (5 minutes walk) and from the moment we walked in we loved it. The staff were all very friendly and the building itself is (as per a previous posting) atmospheric.
The room we had was great, with all the features you would expect from a hotel of this type, plus the most comfortable hotel bed ever!
The building is perfectly situated for the major sights (the Minster etc) and for the shops.
One thing to bear in mind. Because the building is listed and therefore has single glazed sash windows our room suffered a little from noise (particularly in the morning when the bin men came!) but that was a small price to pay.
Great hotel, fantastic city. Would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extensively refurbished in 2014, the Judge's Lodging has 21 individually styled bedrooms, an original vaulted cellar bar,first floor dining and drinking and also 2 fabulous outside areas- quite unique within the centre of York! With a fabulous location in the shadows of the Minster, we offer a warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome to guests from all over the world. *Free Breakfast refers to our Bed and Breakfast rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Judges Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings York