It would have served me right if this had all gone wrong. I chose it for no other reason than my own job. I wanted to see what an English judge's circuit lodging might have looked like in the earlier part of the century. I need not have worried. If you visit York without a car, this is where you want to stay. If you visit York with a car, even chauffeur driven, this is where you want to stay. A great number of significant attractions are within walking distance as are a number of very good restaurants. It is quaint and very comfortable, the breakfast excellent and the location perfect. There is so much to see in the city it is impossible to fit it in in three days which is what my wife and I had allowed. Generally we found the people of York delightful but our stay was made perfect by the choice of hostelry. I doubt if you will find a more pleasant, helpful and considerate bunch than the team at Judges Lodgings. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extensively refurbished in 2014, the Judge's Lodging has 21 individually styled bedrooms, an original vaulted cellar bar,first floor dining and drinking and also 2 fabulous outside areas- quite unique within the centre of York! With a fabulous location in the shadows of the Minster, we offer a warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome to guests from all over the world. *Free Breakfast refers to our Bed and Breakfast rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your The Judges Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings York