I should have read the other reviews of this hotel before I booked and I might have anticipated some of the failings of the hotel. It is obvious that the hotel is in administration as there are a lot of general maintenance issues that need attention. The paintwork at the front of the hotel needs redoing. There are light bulbs outside the hotel and in the bathroom of my room that needed replacing. The walls of my room were chipped and scuffed. The toilet in the en suite was not bolted to the floor! The hand dryer in the lobby WC was broken and there were no hand towels. I pointed this out but they were not replaced. The hotel is in a great position though and has its own ,limited, car parking which is a fantastic bonus in York. Staff were friendly and the breakfast was good. It did take 45 minutes for the cooked breakfast to arrive on the first morning though. It isn't currently even close to being a 4 star hotel but it does have great potential. What puzzles me is how it ended up in administration in the first place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extensively refurbished in 2014, the Judge's Lodging has 21 individually styled bedrooms, an original vaulted cellar bar,first floor dining and drinking and also 2 fabulous outside areas- quite unique within the centre of York! With a fabulous location in the shadows of the Minster, we offer a warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome to guests from all over the world. *Free Breakfast refers to our Bed and Breakfast rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, HRS, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Judges Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings York