we booked a room at the judges lodgings for saturday 7th april,after getting a confirmation email for the wrong night a very helpful receptionist insisted to upgrade us for no extra charge as the room we had booked was actually not available for the correct night.
the hotel is 5 minutes walk from york station and very easy to find. on arrival we were greeted by a very friendly member of staff who showed us the breakfast room and then took us up to our room. the entrance room of the hotel is lovely with an open fire and the building itself is lovely.
our room was room 3,it was massive and gorgeous!the huge bed was mega comfy and the sheets and pillows were crisp white and clean. the kettle was clean(although it was not dualit as mentioned on website but a very much cheaper cookworks!no problem as did same job but not as upmarket as mentioned on website) it came with tea,coffee etc and a bottle of water also.we heard the minster bells from room in the morning and this was lovely!
the room was large and clean and the view to the minster was lovely!! the bathroom was fab!loved it! the jacuzzi bath was great (although it did leave black bits all in the water when you used the jacuzzi button,perhaps it hadnt been used for a while??) the rain shower was nice too and there was some lovely little toiletries provided. the towels on the towel radiator were lovely big and fluffy :) also there was a hairdryer provided.we did have to keep bathroom door closed at night as the towel radiator was making room so hot!
i couldnt really fault the room,was really nice,but,i wouldnt be happy paying the full room tariff of £195 per night as it doesnt warrant this price tag.
we opted to have our breakfast delivered to our room the following morning,it arrived hot and on time,we had a full yorkshire breakfast and it was really nice but oddly didnt include any toast or bread?(perhaps i should have requested this but thought it was a basic element)
checkout was quick and after being given bill for full price of room,it was immediately rectified when we pointed out our email confirmed the lower price. the staff at this hotel are really nice,down to earth. and helpful
the hotel's location is fab,easy to find everywhere,very central.
all in all i would say the hotel was a beautiful building and very nice inside but it does need a little makeover,new carpets etc but these are only little things. the room prices really are a bit high.would go back again but only for the lower price we paid.
we didnt get to check out the cellar bar as we headed straight out for dinner in the eve and when we came back around 10:15pm it was closed,shame!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extensively refurbished in 2014, the Judge's Lodging has 21 individually styled bedrooms, an original vaulted cellar bar,first floor dining and drinking and also 2 fabulous outside areas- quite unique within the centre of York! With a fabulous location in the shadows of the Minster, we offer a warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome to guests from all over the world. *Free Breakfast refers to our Bed and Breakfast rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Judges Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings York