Just return from a girly night away in York which we stayed at the Judges Lodgings. The hotel is located only 5 minute walk from the station and another few minutes to the Minster so location was perfect. The furniture and decor I found to be quite contemporary and the hotel had retained its high ceilings and period features. Our room No 10 was at the front of the hotel which we got to by the walking through the back of the hotel and walking up some creaky stairs. The room itself was beautifully furnished with crisp linen sheets and quilts. All the dark wood furniture matched, including the two single comfortable sleigh beds. Our bathroom was small, warm and clean and had a spa bath. The breakfast room was delightful with linen napkins. The breakfast was fine however the coffee which was served in a caffetier was weak and cold. The breakfast staff were not always available and we had to go to reception to order our breakfast because of the time waiting we decided to go for bacon sandwiches so that we could wrapped them up and eat in the train station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extensively refurbished in 2014, the Judge's Lodging has 21 individually styled bedrooms, an original vaulted cellar bar,first floor dining and drinking and also 2 fabulous outside areas- quite unique within the centre of York! With a fabulous location in the shadows of the Minster, we offer a warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome to guests from all over the world. *Free Breakfast refers to our Bed and Breakfast rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Judges Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings York