This small central hotel is set back from the street, and is accessed through a garden with tables and chairs, and then up a double stair. The rooms are large, some with elaborate moldings. Decor simple. The breakfast room is rather bleak. Bedrooms are reached by different stairs, so if you are booking 2 rooms, they may be some distance apart. Our one, number 2, was most unusual, and not to everyones taste. The large room had a 9 foot partition, beyound which on one side was the bathroom, with parts, except the WC, visable from the bed, and anyone entering the room. On the other side was a small area with a 2 seater sofa and the tea and coffee tray. Really rather misleading for those expecting " en suite". Staff were pleasant and helpful. The associated bar/restaurant was down the stairs and reached though the garden. Altogether an enjoyablde stay, and we would be happy to go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extensively refurbished in 2014, the Judge's Lodging has 21 individually styled bedrooms, an original vaulted cellar bar,first floor dining and drinking and also 2 fabulous outside areas- quite unique within the centre of York! With a fabulous location in the shadows of the Minster, we offer a warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome to guests from all over the world. *Free Breakfast refers to our Bed and Breakfast rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Judges Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings York