We visited the Cellar Bar at the Judges Lodging at coffee time. It's very extensive - a maze of intriguing little rooms. We had cappuccino. A cappuccino costs £3.00. That's not cheap but it's a reasonable price if the coffee is good and reliable. It was certainly very nice and strong (with semi skimmed milk), a decent size and came with a small cube of flapjack. It would have been nice to have had croissants and cakes on offer. Perhaps they'll do that after their planned renovations in 6 months' time or so. The service (from John) was friendly and efficient. There was loud music but he was happy to turn it down. I note that there have been negative comments about the men's loos; well, the women's loo was OK!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extensively refurbished in 2014, the Judge's Lodging has 21 individually styled bedrooms, an original vaulted cellar bar,first floor dining and drinking and also 2 fabulous outside areas- quite unique within the centre of York! With a fabulous location in the shadows of the Minster, we offer a warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome to guests from all over the world. *Free Breakfast refers to our Bed and Breakfast rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your The Judges Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings York