Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$106
US$100
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$134/night.

Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$118
US$103
Hotels.com
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$104
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

US$151
US$122
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$139/night.

US$153
  • Pool
US$123
US$104
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

US$101
US$97
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$72
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$88/night.

Holiday Inn York City Centre(York)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$68
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

1,187 results
All reviewscellar barjacuzzi bathcharacter roommain buildinggarden roombeautiful buildingtop flooreggs benedictcentral locationlovely hotelno liftyork minsterbeer gardentrain stationfresh milkcooked breakfastcar park
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Just got home from our hols, staying at the judges lodgings. Just perfect. Sophie greeted us warmly and was just lovely and welcoming after our long drive. Nick took our cases to our room and made us feel thoroughly welcome. Our room (number 5) was beautiful with a view of the Minster. The girls at breakfast were so lovely and so helpful, breakfast delicious. This hotel is so well situated for seeing the wonderful sights. We ate in the cellars bar several times and really enjoyed the food and hospitality, the staff again are amazing friendly and very informative about the local area. Can we live here please? Thanks so much for making my 50th birthday so fantastic, we are coming back x

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Inns_0f_Character, Nick James - Manager at The Judges Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

What a lovely review and thank you for taking the time to write it. I’m delighted you were well looked after by the team and I will certainly pass on your kind words- it's great to hear that the birthday celebrations went very well! Please do come back and stay with us when you are back in York and I hope your long journey home went well!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We visited the Cellar Bar at the Judges Lodging at coffee time. It's very extensive - a maze of intriguing little rooms. We had cappuccino. A cappuccino costs £3.00. That's not cheap but it's a reasonable price if the coffee is good and reliable. It was certainly very nice and strong (with semi skimmed milk), a decent size and came with a small cube of flapjack. It would have been nice to have had croissants and cakes on offer. Perhaps they'll do that after their planned renovations in 6 months' time or so. The service (from John) was friendly and efficient. There was loud music but he was happy to turn it down. I note that there have been negative comments about the men's loos; well, the women's loo was OK!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Inns_0f_Character, Nick James - Manager at The Judges Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for your review of your visit and of our coffee and service. I have seen that you have reviewed a lot of York establishments and I’m delighted that we have scored highly! I agree that whilst our coffee certainly isnt’t cheap, it’s the way that it is delivered that really matters. We will be evolving our coffee offer as part of our new concept next year and pastries are on the agenda. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,
Nick James - Manager and all the team at The Judges Lodgings.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was treated to a surprise visit to York earlier this year and my boyfriend chose this hotel. First of all, this is a fabulous location, within walking distance of the station (about 10 minutes) and all the main attractions around York.

Upon arrival we were upgraded to the best room in the hotel with super views of York Minster, especially at night when it was all lit up.

The room was spotless, tastefully decorated and HUGE, as was the bed and it was super comfy. The hotel is in a really impressive, characterful Georgian building with a lovely curved staircase and high ceilings. It was such a pleasant change from modern hotels.

Amenities were also fab - breakfast was good, tea and coffee making facilities in the room, comfy sofa looking out on the Minster, great jacuzzi bath, excellent separate shower... my only complaint is that the bathroom was just IN the room, not cordoned off or anything - not ideal for a new couple! However, this did not ruin it at all and we had a great stay in York :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Inns_0f_Character, Nick James - Manager at The Judges Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for your kind review of your stay with us and I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Judges and your upgrade as well as your time in York. We do try and offer a more unique experience with our fabulous building and all of its little quirks and it is definitely the ideal base from which to explore York. It would great to see you both again next time you are visiting!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

During an afternoon visit to the bar at the Judges Lodgings yesterday I paid a call to the gents toilets; I wish I'd crossed my legs because they were easily the most disgusting smelling toilets I have ever entered in over thirty years of pub/bar visiting. The smell took my breath away, and it seemed unlikely that the urinals had not seen disinfectant for quite some time.
I am just pleased that I wasn't dining at the Lodgings because if I was the toilets would have completely taken my appetite away.
Its a shame because apart from the toilets the Lodgings is a nice place.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Many thanks for calling in to the Cellar bar and for your review. Please be assured that the gents are cleaned every day. As part of our grand refurbishment plans in January 2014 the toilet facilities are due to be fully replaced and relocted.

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Visited the bar for food for the first time this week and was definitely not disappointed!
I had the soup of the day, my husband had chicken liver which was amazing! For main I had chicken with winter veg and hubby had belly pork we weren't disappointed!! Had just about enough room to squeeze a pudding in went for a chocolate brownie and vanilla ice cream beautiful!!
Will definitely be coming back can't believe we've never been here before!!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Inns_0f_Character, Nick James - Manager at The Judges Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

What a fabulous review- thank you! I’m delighted you enjoyed our new Autumn dishes and were well looked after. We are quite difficult to find so it’s great that you have found us and we look forward to seeing you again soon – watch out for our grand redevelopment starting in January 2014!