We had been watching the renovations take place for around 6 months and were eager to see the finished product. We wondered past yesterday and seeing that The Judges Lodgins were open, just called in for a glass of wine.
We went in via the cellar bar and the change is incredible. There is a sparkling new conservatory and outdoor garden space with lovely tables and chairs. This leads up to a terrace area with tables, high chairs, sofas all around the area with a good planting arrangement of lavendars and greenery. Looking at the wine list and menus, the prices are very competative for York and this high end establishment.
After we had our wine, we left via the first floor dining rooms and down the front steps. The first floor dining rooms are amazing; very contempory and welcoming. We are so looking forward to eating here.
The Amy and her colleagues are so warm and friendly, they are all a credit to Nick.
Congratulations and good luck for the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extensively refurbished in 2014, the Judge's Lodging has 21 individually styled bedrooms, an original vaulted cellar bar,first floor dining and drinking and also 2 fabulous outside areas- quite unique within the centre of York! With a fabulous location in the shadows of the Minster, we offer a warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome to guests from all over the world. *Free Breakfast refers to our Bed and Breakfast rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your The Judges Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings York