Although the hotel does not have the online reservation system, we went to the trouble of making the reservation by phone after reading the reviews on the site and were not disappointed. The location in York is hard to beat, walking distance from the train station and in the heart of old York inside the city walls. Our room was on the second floor, we paid more for the York Minster view and were not disappointed at night when it lit up against the dark sky. The room was very spacious, with comfortable bed, nice touches like the iPod player and flat screen TV, and a modern bathroom (which had a shower and a tub, but lacked some basic hooks and shelves for accessories). The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful; the service is more informal as you would expect at a small hotel, which we enjoyed. We loved walking through the streets of the Old City and wished we had a longer stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Extensively refurbished in 2014, the Judge's Lodging has 21 individually styled bedrooms, an original vaulted cellar bar,first floor dining and drinking and also 2 fabulous outside areas- quite unique within the centre of York! With a fabulous location in the shadows of the Minster, we offer a warm and friendly Yorkshire welcome to guests from all over the world. *Free Breakfast refers to our Bed and Breakfast rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, HRS, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Judges Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings Hotel York
- Judges Lodgings York