We visited The Lady Anne Middleton hotel on Saturday for 1 night for my husbands birthday..checked into our Deluxe Double....mmm..debatable!
Greeted by friendly receptionist and shown to our room,
We had a shopping spree round York and returned to our room for a lie down and relax before going for a meal we had booked..
The room was freezing I could not get warm....later whilst in the shower (which was not very hot) I was mid washing my hair and the water turned cold, hubby rang reception to report this, they said they would be down to have a look, I was stood 10 minutes dripping wet with shampoo still in my hair...the guy came down and said 'yes it seems your right' and that he didn't know what to suggest as all rooms were booked..he promptly left us to go have a look at the boiler. I was stood another 15 minutes plus..he then rang our room and said the pressure was low on the boiler, and the heating should come on ASAP and water should be hot imminently...we waited and waited the radiators came on but water was the same..
We did not receive a follow up call to check the water was ok, so I had to finish shower in cold water, and hubby had to have a totally cold shower...we were then left with 20 minutes till our table was booked at a nearby restaurant ...which is not what we planned, we wanted a few drinks in the bar before our meal..
We reported to staff at receptionist that the shower was cold received an apology and told maintenance would be in to check in morning...
On check out we reported that we had no hot water and no maintenance came (after care) poor!!! She apologised and we were told they would weave our £10 parking as goodwill gesture!! What a joke!! We paid £150 for a room and it was not worth that at all...we will not be visiting again, and yes breakfast was a nightmare, no clean tables, what were cleared weren't reset, cattle market!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Please note our car parking is charged at an additional £10 per night per vehicle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Middletons York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lady Anne Middletons York
- Hotel Lady Anne Middletons