“Wonderful stay”
Review of Middletons York

Middletons York
Ranked #23 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have arrived back today after spending 3 nights at Lady Anne Middleton, cannot speak to highly of this hotel, staff nothing was a problem to them, food great and good service, must mention the nicely starched napkins, these days most places have paper so well done. Also
my friend had a leg operation and had to have skin grafts a few weeks ago, so we had an upgrade to a easy accessible room thank you so much. Went to the Opera house to see Avita
4 minutes walk, no need for car or taxies to the shops and sights.
So thank you to the staff from check in to dinner service Wonderful stay

1  Thank Stella186337
Ladyannes, Guest Relations Manager at Middletons York, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Hello Stella,

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay so much.

Hopefully see you again soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

When we arrived last night we were originally given the wrong room . Maria was very helpful in correcting this error when we got into the 2nd room we asked if we could upgrade to the executive room this was no problem and we were given a very small charge Maria was so friendly and had no problem moving us.the only problem we had was finding the car park . The room was beautiful and huge. The bed was huge and the bathroom was to die for. We got breakfast in bed and the food in the restaurant was gorgeous . Would definitely come again and recommend to friends and family visiting york. We will be returning thanks to all the staff .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Natalie H

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for the lovely review, and sorry for the initial confusion - glad to hear it was resolved quickly and efficiently!

See you again next time.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Weekend break here, and looking for something away from normal chain hotels. Not disappointed either, this was freshly decorated, and somewhat different (in a nice way). Very close to city centre, everything was walkable, good breakfasts (local sausages, home made muesli? If so, well done chef!), and not too expensive either. Parking was £10/day extra, but as they only have a small car park, I suppose its justifiable. WiFi was free :-)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ladyannes, Guest Relations Manager at Middletons York, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Hello David,

Thank you for the great review! Glad to hear you liked it!

I would like to confirm our chefs make the muesli in house :)

Hopefully see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

The staff are lovely & friendly, we stayed 2 nights as a relative was getting married in the Minster, cooked breakfast was plentiful and warm,
Short walk to the centre of York, car parking is available until mid day on the day of departure, which is chargeable although we had an email from the hotel back in January advising that we would be exempt from the charge as we booked in 2013 but the receptionist still charged me, when I queried it with her she said that I would still have to pay, so I have since forwarded the email to the hotel asking them to refund my car parking charge but have not received a response as yet, this is my only gripe with the hotel and really let them down as otherwise we had a lovely stay, it would just be nice if they could acknowledge my email even if it's just to say I was given the wrong information, and an apology and this is the only reason that I haven't given the full marks in my review

• Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for the lovely review.

I know that the reception team have no responded to your email regarding parking, and also sent you a copy of your invoice which shows the car parking charge as £0.00. It perhaps wasn't explained correctly by our staff, and I apologise if that is the case. Either way I am sure they will resolve the confusion with you as soon as possible, and I apologise again for any inconvenience caused.

I hope this will not deter you from returning again in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our room was a superior deluxe which was excellent. I could not fault the room or the bathroom, the bed was large and really comfortable.

It was a shame that our friends were not happy with their room. The room was a double, obviously not been re-furbished as it was very shabby!

We tried to go for a swim but was disappointed to find that this was not an easy task. It would have been helpful to have been told the precedure rather than try and guess.

Room Tip: Ask for a re-furbished room
1  Thank Steph558

Hi Steph,

It is great to hear that you liked your room, and I am sorry that your friends didn't enjoy theirs. Hopefully all other aspects of their stay made up for any shortfalls they felt they experienced.

I am sorry the procedure for the pool was not explained correctly. I will check with our new staff that they understand how it all works and how to explain it to our guests.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My friend and I come back year after year to this lovely hotel. The location is perfect set in beautiful grounds just a few minutes walk along a quiet road into the centre of York. The staff are excellent always pleasant and helpful, bedrooms are good with comfortable beds, the standard of cleanliness is very high. The hotel is currently being re-vamped and what has been completed so far is tasteful yet modern in keeping with this beautiful old building.

Hi Margaret,

It is always lovely to hear that a guest has enjoyed our hotel so much that they have come back. After such a lovely review we hope that it won't be the last time either!

See you again soon we hope!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had weekend in hotel 31st - 1st June excellent
Close to city centre
Breakfast superb
Comfortable rooms - nice & clean
Staff helpful had to leave luggage prior to check in as arrived early - no problem
Evening meal very good in lovely surroundings

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hi John,

Thank you for the comments on your review, glad that everything was perfect for you.