“Car Parking”

Ranked #22 of 45 Hotels in York
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Car Parking”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Although it has been a while since staying here I thought I would let fellow travelers know that the hotel is fine but they are now charging residents of the hotel £10 per day to park there cars. I find this a disgusting way to get more money out of residents and will think twice about staying here, as I hope other ex-guests of this hotel will

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DeanTaylor44
Ladyannes, Guest Relations Manager at Middletons York, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Hi Dean,

I have to say I am disappointed to read your review. As you say, it has been a while since you stayed and you think the hotel is fine. Therefore, 2 out of 5 feels slightly harsh based on charging for parking! We now charge for parking as do many hotels in York, and with being within the city walls we feel this is fair. We match or beat our competitors to offer value for money, and there are no central car parks that charge as low as us. We are using the money to improve the parking facilities and have also added a barrier to increase security.

I do hope in the future that you will change your mind and return to the hotel!

Middletons Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Lovely hotel complex with lovely sitting out areas, wide choice of room type and walking distance to the river. Staff very friendly and helpful, rooms very clean and comfortable. Despite all the restaurants in York, ate in the hotel (staggering distance to room) and the food was excellent. What was impressive was the quality and customer care provided by the management. Our food was late being prepared due to large party no.s in the restaurant, and before we had chance to raise any complaint about the wait, we were offered nibbles, continually kept informed of waiting times and offered a large reduction on the final bill. The staff went the extra mile to ensure we were looked after despite the masses in the restaurant. Well done to the team... your customer care is exemplary.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Ladyannes, Guest Relations Manager at Middletons York, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review. And many apologies for the issues in the restaurant, I am glad that it was handled in the correct manner and did not impact your stay!

Hopefully if you return there will be no issues at all!

Newton Aycliffe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

my sisters and I stayed 2 nights in one of the Sir Joseph Terry cottages. Absolutely charming-light and spacious.Staff are great-friendly and helpful Restaurant is a lovely experience-helpful staff and gorgeous food. Hilight of the stay had to be the breakfast-welcoming staff ,great presentation and wonderful local produce.The grounds are beautiful but being a wheelchair user was sometimes a problem. Only five minutes into the centre.

Room Tip: not all areas are wheelchair accessible. Cottages sleep 4 like a home from home and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello Avrille,

Thank you for the lovely review. And I apologise for the difficulty with the wheelchair, unfortunately being a listed site there isn't a great deal we can do - but we will certainly look into it!

Many thanks,
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is our first ever review, but we felt we had to give positive feedback for our stay. We spent two nights at Lady Anne Middleton's Hotel. We were travelling to Northumberland for a wedding and decided to stop in York to explore a city we had never visited. We chose the hotel because it seemed reasonable value, close to the city centre and looked most attractive and comfortable. On arrival we were shown to our deluxe room which turned out to be a suite and was beautifully decorated and furnished. The staff were most polite, friendly and efficient taking time to talk to us and offer advice on where to visit in the city. We were even given the paint colour of the room we stayed in as we are hoping to use it in our own bedroom! Breakfast was delicious and service excellent. All in all we cannot fault our stay and plan to return later in the year. We have recommended it to family and friends. Thank you. Catherine & Mike D

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Catherine D
Hi Catherine and Mike,

Lovely to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us!

We hope you'll be returning soon!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

After reading some of the reviews on Lady Anne Middletons Hotel, I will admit to being a bit apprehensive about our stay.
Upon arrival we was greeted by Maria on reception, she made us feel really welcome straight away as did the other members of the hotel team, which we found a very nice touch!
Friday night we ate in the restaurant and I had the haddock and chips - absolutely delicious and the fish was very light, flakey and tasted fresh!
We stayed in the main hotel as it was busy, the room, I guess from comments made was yet to undergo refurbishment but the bed was comfy, the room was fine for our weekend and comfortable, a good nights sleep was had!
Overall impressions, the gardens looked very nice and complimented the hotel, the close proximity to the shops, restaurants and bars meant you could pop in and out at leisure!
Both Michelle and myself was of the opinion that Lady Anne's would be our hotel of choice for any future visits to York, which we tend to visit twice yearly..would we recommend it, definitely!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MorkC68
Many thanks from everyone at Middletons for the wonderful comments. We are glad to know that you will return again in the future!

We will see you then!

Kind regards,
Greenock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I had a great time here in York.My room was really lovely with a view out to the front gardens.Myself & my pal had dinner in the restaurant one night, one of the nicest meals I've had in a while.I even gave the receptionist a strange query as I found a poor bird with a broken wing just outside the conservatory,she phoned the local RSPCA for me & he was collected, as an animal lover I knew I couldn't sleep knowing he was out there in pain,she was great & I was delighted, everybody satisfied!!I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone & I miss my lovely swim every morning now!!A great choice.

1 Thank Michelle M
Hi Michelle,

Thank you very much for your great review. And we are glad we helped you to be able to sleep with in regards to the bird issue!

Hopefully you will choose us again when you next come to York!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have arrived back today after spending 3 nights at Lady Anne Middleton, cannot speak to highly of this hotel, staff nothing was a problem to them, food great and good service, must mention the nicely starched napkins, these days most places have paper so well done. Also
my friend had a leg operation and had to have skin grafts a few weeks ago, so we had an upgrade to a easy accessible room thank you so much. Went to the Opera house to see Avita
4 minutes walk, no need for car or taxies to the shops and sights.
So thank you to the staff from check in to dinner service Wonderful stay

1 Thank Stella186337
Hello Stella,

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay so much.

Hopefully see you again soon!

Kind regards,