Middletons York
US$120
US$115
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$95
  • Pool
US$202
US$162
  • Restaurant
Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
US$225
US$101
Park Inn
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$88
US$129
US$116
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
US$71
Hilton York(York)
US$142
US$117
  • Room Service
US$288
US$168
  • Pool
Holiday Inn York City Centre(York)(Great Value!)
US$91
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmiddleton hotellady annehealth clublovely hoteldeluxe roomcar parkcity centreper nightmain buildingbuffet styleroll top bathhotel restaurantstayed for two nightsa lovely stayquiet streetfew minutes walkcooked breakfast
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A really good hotel in a quiet area but still close to the main York attractions. Airy and spacey bar and dining areas with the bar and reception permanently staffed. It really bugs me when going for an early evening drink and you have to search around for someone to serve you so a real plus for Lady Anne's.

Pool was disappointing - a 2-person resistance pool, and the saunas were in the changing rooms so you couldnt sauna with your partner unless you are in a same-sex relationship. One final point, While we there, there were a lot of chilfren staying obviously on some sort of school trip. This wasnt a problem at all and the children were impeccably behaved however if you visit during term time and an "adults-only" feel is important to you you might to want to check ahead before booking.

Dont want to leave the review on a low though because we loved it there and will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank davidwilliams58
Ladyannes, Guest Relations Manager at Middletons York, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Hello David,

Thank you very much for all of your comments.

Unfortunately the fitness facilities are not something we can change, but I completely understand why this would be disappointing for you and I apologise.

We also try to keep school trip visits to low season and through the week, however these are usually organised well in advance so I am sure next time if you enquire they will be able to advise as to whether there would be any school children. Again, I apologise for this and hope it did not impact your stay too much and I hope you will not be deterred from coming back again.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed at the Lady Anne two weeks ago for a weekend visit to York. The hotel is in an excellent location with just a five minute stroll into the centre of the city. We arrived early but were able to leave the car in the hotel car park and walk into York for lunch. The reception staff were very friendly, check in was efficient and we were shown to our room. We had a deluxe room which had been newly refurbished. The room was not enormous but was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was almost as big as the bedroom and had a large bath and a walk in shower. The only negative was that there was only one tiny bottle of shower gel and shampoo for a double room. Our room was in a separate building from the reception, restaurant and bar but this was not a problem as fortunately the weather was kind to us but considering that British weather is not always dry and sunny take an umbrella with you. The bar area was pleasant and the prices were reasonable. We ate in the hotel both nights and the food was very good and of a high standard. Breakfast was self service and had a reasonable choice however you ordered your hot drinks at the table and on both mornings we had almost finished eating before our drinks arrived. The hotel was very busy so they could have done with a couple of extra staff on duty at breakfast. The only other negative I have is that the checkout time was very early, 10:30, even on a Sunday although you could pay extra to stay until 12!
All in all the stay was good and if the hotel sorted out the minor issues it could become not just an excellent location but also an excellent hotel.

2  Thank TravellerBolton

Thank you very much for your review. I will certainly pass on all of your comments to the relevant departments to see where we can improve! I apologise for any shortfalls you felt you experienced.

I hope you will come back in the future, and hopefully there will be no issues second time round!

Best wishes,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here for two nights with my partner for his birthday 27th to 29th June 2014 and we had a fabulous time , this hotel I would recommend to everyone going to York it is so clean and everyone made you feel welcome especially Steve, Megan and rich . What an asset to the place these people are. The food was exceptional with high quality service throughout . Steve (manager) could not do enough for us our car had died on us and he did everything he could to help including checking out later very much appreciated . All I can say is please stay at this hotel u won't regret it :-) we are certainly going back this year / and or next year :-)

4  Thank Kelly C

Hi Kelly,

I am thrilled to read your review, it is always great to know our staff are helping to make our guests stay as good as possible. I will be thanking our staff!

We look forward to your return!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights recently with my wife, the staff are very pleasant and helpful, the breakfast was excellent and the room was big, clean and comfortable, it has a sort of courtyard that is pleasant to sit and relax in, its about a 5 minute walk from the hotel to the start of the city centre and under 15 minutes walk to the minster, its amazing how quiet the hotel location is and yet so close to the city centre, we had a great time and would definitely stay here again. Many thanks to all the staff for a very pleasant stay.

4  Thank Robert Y

Hello Robert,

Fantastic to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope you will come back again in the future!

Hopefully see you again soon,

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, quality food, but no hot water on both days? Heard reception staff talking about boiler problems in my earshot on our arrival, so a Luke warm shower for me and my parter, no shave as it had gone cold by then, told reception, to be told they know about and are working on trying to fix it!? No offer of another room to get a quick shower or offer of refund on departure. I would score this hotel as a 2 out of 10,. P.s the pool is tiny if thinking of doing any swimming

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Richard A

Hi Richard,

I am very sorry about the hot water issue, and the fact you were not offered at least a partial reimbursement for the inconvenience. If you could email jolanda.hind@ladyannes.co.uk about these issues so she can discuss this with you.

Kind regards,