1,025 results
All reviews middleton hotel lady anne lovely hotel city centre car park per night main building triple room buffet style quiet location stayed for two nights few minutes walk a lovely stay no lift cooked breakfast my mum tea coffee
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Working away in Bristol at the moment so needed to stay here for a job interview. Good to be home in Yorkshire. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There were nice touches to the hotel such as a dressing gown in my room. The breakfast which was self-service was lovely. There was an ironing board in my room. Definitely a cut above budget hotels. I wish that I had been there for leisure.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
MiddletonsHotelYork, Receptionist at Middletons York, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you for your review, its great to hear that we were able to provide you with such a positive experience and hope that your interview went well.
We would love to welcome you back in the future for a more leisurely visit and to see more of the unique sites York has to offer.
Please be aware that we offer a 10% discount on room rates when booked over the phone.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Stayed for two nights, the breakfast staff were nice and helpful. My wife and I came for dinner on both nights and were served by a young lady called Tayney (I'm not sure how it is spelt) she was incredibly kindhearted and helpful with a wonderful sense of humour. She was working with two other young girls who were also lovely.
The food was brilliant and filling.
Room was perhaps a tad out dated yet we thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
MiddletonsHotelYork, Receptionist at Middletons York, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Thank you for your kind comments, we will make sure to pass your gratitude on to Taynie and the girls and hope that you similarly enjoyed your visit to York.
We hope that you will return to us next year and see the results of our upcoming refurbishment to the main bedrooms and lounge/bar area;We would be happy to offer you a 10% discount on your room rate when you book directly with us over the phone any time you choose to return.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2018

The staff at Middletons were very helpful and friendly. The accommodation was very nice and comfortable. Middletons is surrounded by beautiful gardens and seating areas to sit and relax. The accommodation is within a few minutes walk to the city and very close to the River Ouse.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a garden view
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely comments, its great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Middletons and hope you enjoyed York just as much.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We booked 2 nights with breakfast for £324 in a standard double room. Upon arrival we were allocated room 30 but when we got to the room we were so disappointed, it was dark and depressing with not much natural light as the small widow looked directly at a brick wall on top of a flat roof, I could not stand upright in the small bathroom because of the sharp slope on the ceiling and there was a musty odour in the room. I went to reception and said I did not consider this to be a £162 per night room and I requested to be relocated to something more acceptable, I was then allocated room 60 which was a much larger and better room in the block opposite the reception. Overall, the hotel is in a good location and the staff are friendly but the hotel looks tired, and I can say with some years of experience that if the standard double room we were allocated in the first instance is typical of the other standard double rooms then it would be overpriced at half the price.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
MiddletonsHotelYork, Receptionist at Middletons York, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear that you were not happy with the room you were originally allocated and were much happier with your upgrade.
Starting in September we will be refurbishing the rooms such as the one you were originally allocated, to give them an updated look and feel; This is the first phase of a larger project that will see the Hotel and grounds transformed.
We hope that if you are in the area again, you will choose to visit us and see the changes that we have planned.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

This was my second visit to the hotel
It’s comfortable, clean and the breakfasts are good.
I don’t think the part of the hotel I was staying in had a lift. If it did I never found it.
It is within walking distance to all York’s wonderful attractions

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
MiddletonsHotelYork, Receptionist at Middletons York, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Thank you for your review, it's great to hear that this is your second visit here and we would love to welcome you back to our wonderful little City in the future. We offer a 10% discount on accommodation booked directly with us over the phone

You are correct and there are no lifts in any of our buildings; Most rooms are at ground level or only one floor up, with just seven rooms on a second floor. We appreciate that this is not ideal for everyone and we would encourage potential and future guests to contact us about any uncertainty about staying in such a property.