Lowest prices for your stay
US$134
Free cancellation until 02/07/21
Hotels.com
US$134
Free cancellation until 03/07/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$130
Expedia.comUS$134
TravelocityUS$134
Orbitz.comUS$134
All reviews city centre bar prices no lift would recommend this hotel to anyone lovely hotel top floor full english nice breakfast tea and coffee ten minute walk stayed here for one night feel very welcome visiting york home from home a lovely stay free parking short break
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 April 2018

Stayed at Wheatlands Lodge for 3 nights with a group of 20 French visitors. We were warmly welcomed by Tim and Fiona who couldn't have been more helpful. The hotel is well located, 10 minutes walk from the centre of York. The rooms were all very comfortable and perfect for the needs of our group. Plenty of choice for breakfast and service efficient and friendly. We were recommended to stay here and it exceeded our recommendations.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 390kathw
Reviewed 18 April 2018

The location of this pretty hotel is excellent, only ten minutes' walk from Mickelgate. The lady who greeted us at reception was charm itself. Unfortunately, that was probably the high water mark. The room was tidy, but decoration was tired. The bathroom in particular could have done with a revamp and the application some bleach to the seals. TV was present and worked, but was small.
We visited during the recent cold snap and York was beautiful, if chilly. Unfortunately, the room was cold too and despite turning all the radiators up as high as they would go, they stayed stubbornly cold. Giving up, we went downstairs and asked what we were doing wrong - the lady looked surprised, and then adjusted the single thermostat behind the bar, which obviously controlled heating throughout. Having to ask for the heating to be turned up in a hotel was something I thought had gone out of fashion around the time Peter Gabriel left Genesis - I now know better....
Breakfast was nice and arrived promptly, once the members of staff had finished their clearly audible argument about whose section we were in.
For in excess of £90, even accepting that we stayed at the tail end of the easter break, I expected better, particularly when compared to other hotels in more expensive parts of the country that I visited on the same trip...

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

After reading reviews I decided to book here but boy did I get that wrong, I wish I had taken more notice of some of the more negative reviews. Be warned!
On arrival the outside of the hotel is lovely, and the lovely lady on reception gave me confidence that my stay would be a good one- she was most helpful.
The room was cold and small, the radiators were turned off but even though I turned them on, the heating did not come on. I mentioned this on my way out for the evening, the lady then basically turned it on for our room- why would you wait for customers to complain before turning heating on? If I found it too warm I’d have turned off the radiators!!
Next sleep quality- very poor! Hard bed I’m not very heavy and I felt like I was balanced on a board!! The pillows were old and solid and the duvet was of similar vintage. There was a huge amount of light coming in through the Ill thought out curtains, it was quiet though.
The bathroom was like something my gran used to have back in the day - plastic dirty seals - NO take them out and get some polycel squeezy sealant if you can’t afford a professional. the shower needs replacing being very temperamental and the loo seat is one of those bendy plastic sorts you get in cheap cafes.
Breakfast - arrived at the breakfast room and waited to be seated, no staff were visible in the room but we could see at least three in the kitchen deep in conversation. Eventually a lady with dark hair appeared but didn’t even acknowledge us let alone speak to us - but busied herself with cleaning tables, at this point we decided to seat ourselves.
A little later two members of staff, a young chap and a grey haired woman also arrived in the breakfast room and stood together surveying the room, realising that they probably hadn’t noticed us, I waved and smiled at the pair who then proceeded to argue as neither wanted to serve us, eventually the nice young man came over to offer coffee/ tea etc. So much for the lovely helpful staff in previous reviews.
The prices here are more than the premier inn but I can honestly say that I have always had better rooms and service in the premier inn, and given that in York the Premier Inn is in a better location, that is where I will stay in future.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank SaraW259
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Just stayed here for 2 nights on a weekend. Lovely hotel,great location and great price too. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Stayed in room 12 which was on the top floor. Stairs not a problem for me but could be for those with mobility problems. Room was large with 2 single beds(even tho I only paid for a single) Nice and clean and had everything I needed. Lovely breakfast included in the price. Staff were really helpful and friendly and nothing was too much for them. Would definitely stay here again

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank D2175STsharonh
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Great success story of a family run establishment and a collaborative effort in keeping you happy! After a train from London, welcome was quick, served coffee/juices as promised on the beautiful patio. Kids had ball of a time running around in the manicured garden while we lazed around with a cuppa. The rooms are spread over 3-4 wings at various levels and might get a bit tiring if you have luggage, but this is just twice during your stay so not much of a bother. Both our rooms were bright, clean and well appointed. The lodge bar is well decked up with a Laurel & Hardy theme and got for a drink or two and to socialize with your fellow guests.
Brekky is served for a very short time so get up early and be there on time, else you'll miss it. Would've been great to have it a tad bit longer.
On speaking to the owners, understand that the hotel has been in the family for a couple of decades and started out with only one row or rooms and gradually expanded over 3-4 rows. It's awesome to see how the extended family puts in their every bit and the staff to to make your trip a memorable one!

Date of stay: August 2017