3 people are viewing this hotel
Agoda.com
£92
Fully refundable before Thu, 25 Apr
Breakfast included
No fees just great deals
1,138 results
All reviews caledonian travel city centre no lift bar prices friendly hotel twin room breakfast and dinner would recommend this hotel to anyone ground floor railway station full english car park nice breakfast long weekend stayed one night short stay weekend break
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 July 2019

I stayed in this hotel for 5 days and my daughter was in a wheelchair. On arrival we we offered complimentary tea or coffee. All of the staff are helpful and friendly and very knowledgeable about places of interest and how to get around. The hotel and gardens are immaculate and rooms are clean and tidy.with daily room service. The food is excellent with four courses for the evening plus tea and coffee,very varied and the service at meal times is first class. I think this hotel is worth more than its 2* rating and will certainly go there again.

Room tip: I stayed in room 56 lower ground because of the wheel chair a large room with twin beds and a beautiful view of the gardens
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2019 via mobile

Just spent 3 nights at this hotel and I must say what a lovely hotel it is. Very friendly, and the food is really nice and the service was very good. Excellent position to York centre about 15 minute walk . I would highly recommend this hotel, we will certainly be going back.

Date of stay: July 2019
Reviewed 29 June 2019

Check the room you book before you agree to stay. Had an absolute nightmare here. I'm only 6 foot, the bed was between 2 walls and my feet touched the wall and I couldn't sleep and as it was fully booked I couldn't change my room I had to put the mattress on the floor. Be wary of the shower, some rooms the shower head is below head height, very bizarre
You have to sit on your arse to have a shower. I've stayed here a few times, due to work booking it. I have spoken to my boss. And I won't be staying here again !

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank OnAir813663
Reviewed 23 June 2019 via mobile

We stayed here mid-week in one of the rooms overlooking the front garden which was beautifully maintained, there is a car park situated at the rear of the hotel. Tim offered us tea on arrival which was greatly received after travelling several hours on the motorway. Staff are extremely helpful, polite and friendly - made you feel most welcome and continued to do so throughout our stay. The room was a good size and clean with coffee and tea making facilities available in the room. We had the Full English Breakfast with as much tea and toast as required. The only downside for me (which is a minor one) was that the shower in our room wasn’t powerful enough, despite this,I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyway visiting York as it is a really nice hotel, close to the centre with excellent tentative staff.

Date of stay: June 2019
2  Thank Stef1905
Reviewed 9 June 2019 via mobile

We were on a Caledonian Travel weekend break recently. This is a superb family run hotel. It is also well located in a quiet residential area but only a 15 minute walk to the city centre and attractions. Very friendly and welcoming staff. Very clean comfortable room with a shower that worked a treat. The breakfasts and evening meals were very tasty and plentiful. I could find nothing to fault and look forward to returning later this year.

Date of stay: April 2019