Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Fri, 1 Mar
Pamela rosheski
Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
Fantastic stay
Reviewed 27 Jul 2019
Friendly staff,fantastic location, the rooms are clean spacious and comfortable,had a brilliant stay will definitely go back again,the breakfast,are excellent too,we were made very welcome from the minute we got there to the minute we was leaving,no complaints whatsoever.
Date of stay: July 2019Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pool
    £99
View more hotels in York
1,129 results
All reviews caledonian travel city centre no lift bar prices friendly hotel twin room breakfast and dinner would recommend this hotel to anyone ground floor railway station full english car park nice breakfast long weekend stayed one night short stay weekend break
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2019 via mobile

Hotel 5mins walk into York ,10mins walk to the race course , hotel clean and the food was lovely staff very friendly they couldn't do enough for you a special mention to tim the hotel manager,I had my purse stolen when walking a long the city walls ,we had no money so we couldn't try the pubs locally ,so he let us have a tab at the hotel so at least we could have a drink at night

1  Thank polly w
Reviewed 17 July 2019

I stayed in this hotel for 5 days and my daughter was in a wheelchair. On arrival we we offered complimentary tea or coffee. All of the staff are helpful and friendly and very knowledgeable about places of interest and how to get around. The hotel and gardens are immaculate and rooms are clean and tidy.with daily room service. The food is excellent with four courses for the evening plus tea and coffee,very varied and the service at meal times is first class. I think this hotel is worth more than its 2* rating and will certainly go there again.

Room tip: I stayed in room 56 lower ground because of the wheel chair a large room with twin beds and a beautiful view of the gardens
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2019 via mobile

Just spent 3 nights at this hotel and I must say what a lovely hotel it is. Very friendly, and the food is really nice and the service was very good. Excellent position to York centre about 15 minute walk . I would highly recommend this hotel, we will certainly be going back.

Reviewed 29 June 2019

Check the room you book before you agree to stay. Had an absolute nightmare here. I'm only 6 foot, the bed was between 2 walls and my feet touched the wall and I couldn't sleep and as it was fully booked I couldn't change my room I had to put the mattress on the floor. Be wary of the shower, some rooms the shower head is below head height, very bizarre
You have to sit on your arse to have a shower. I've stayed here a few times, due to work booking it. I have spoken to my boss. And I won't be staying here again !

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank OnAir813663
Reviewed 23 June 2019 via mobile

We stayed here mid-week in one of the rooms overlooking the front garden which was beautifully maintained, there is a car park situated at the rear of the hotel. Tim offered us tea on arrival which was greatly received after travelling several hours on the motorway. Staff are extremely helpful, polite and friendly - made you feel most welcome and continued to do so throughout our stay. The room was a good size and clean with coffee and tea making facilities available in the room. We had the Full English Breakfast with as much tea and toast as required. The only downside for me (which is a minor one) was that the shower in our room wasn’t powerful enough, despite this,I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyway visiting York as it is a really nice hotel, close to the centre with excellent tentative staff.

Date of stay: June 2019