Lowest prices for your stay
£104
£92
Fully refundable before Sat, 27 Apr
Get rewarded with One Key
1,138 results
All reviews caledonian travel city centre no lift bar prices friendly hotel twin room breakfast and dinner would recommend this hotel to anyone ground floor railway station full english car park nice breakfast long weekend stayed one night short stay weekend break
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2019

I'd booked in for two nights so I could spend time with my friend in York.

Arrival and book in was straight forward. parking can be tight but that is manageable with the help of duty staff. Having booked in I was given a hand to my room with my luggage.

The room was reasonable for the price and included an en-suite shower/toilet. On the first night I was kept awake into the early hours by what I assumed were anti-social guests with either TV or radio playing too loud. I phoned the main reception and the night manager set off to investigate. After about 10 minutes and another phone call the music stopped.

I had to be prompt going out the next morning for a trip to Whitby with my friend. I decided to skip breakfast as I almost overslept.

On the second night the same problem occurred...loud music so at around midnight I phoned down again and spoke to a different duty manager. He apologised and said he would turn it off immediately which he did. He said it was the sound system in the bar! The previous night the manager had denied it was anything to do with the hotel!

On check out, I mentioned it to reception staff and was immediately offer a refund for the first night, which was promptly dealt with.

This hotel offers good value for money and was marred only by the noise from the sound system. I imagine that by now instructions will have been given about its use.

I would consider another visit here but would point out my previous experience so as to avoid a repeat...hopefully!

1  Thank kenc198
Reviewed 22 August 2019

Although this hotel has only 2 stars we found it value for money. The staff and owners make you feel very welcome. It’s a lovely clean hotel, very central and the breakfast was extremely good.
Definitely worth a visit!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2019

Used the hotel along with a large group from my golf club. All the staff were very welcoming and friendly , rooms were clean and tidy with everything you need. Decent breakfast , bar was fine and since weather was good could sit outside and relax. Was a great base for going into town and definitely worth the money, as I am next years captain we are definitely going back next year.

Room tip: Great for the city
Reviewed 3 August 2019

Stayed 4 days DBB. Hotel within 15 mins walking distance into town and main attractions. Outside appearance good with lovely gardens and outside seating.
Staff very welcoming. Serving staff efficient and friendly.
Food amazing, well cooked and good choices. Too many steps up to our bedroom, but no complaints about the room. We will return.

Room tip: Ask for lower floor
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tiger787
Reviewed 28 July 2019

We stayed here on a stag do (accommodation organised by 3rd party) and were not disappointed. Although we did not spend much time there, when we were it was comfortable, spacious and the customer service was excellent, the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The location was also beneficial as it was close to the city center. Available parking so close to the city center was also a bonus. My only negative point is that the cooked English breakfast was a little bit on the slim side! Good hotel to choose if you want to get out and about and see York.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends