1. staff were very helpful and friendly;
2. good breakfast;
3. the location, approximately 5 minutes walk to York Minster;
4. on site parking.
1. Paid £80 a night for a very disappointing room; artec ceiling and walls - ghastly. I would have happily paid more for accommodation elsewhere had I known how thoroughly dreadful my experience would be!
2. Bed was very uncomfortable and barely big enough length ways; had a wooden prop supporting a dip in the middle.
3. Television could only be viewed whilst lying diagonally across bed; suspended on a wall bracket in a corner and could not be adjusted for viewing.
4. En suite - very small and dated. Barely enough room to sit on the loo as knees hit the wall (height 5'6"). Taller guests would be forced to sit diagonally. Shower did not work; purportedly fixed but offered only a trickle of water; abysmal.
6. Hotel decor was tired and dated. Some of the character features were lovely but the tasteless 'olde world' fake brick work among other aspects over-shadowed the authentic architecture. A mish-mash of cluttered styles none of which complicate each other. Potentially a gem of a business which is not being realized.More