“XMAS”

Ranked #20 of 192 York B&B and Inns
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
“XMAS”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We have not been in uk for xmas for many years, the hotel, food, staff where great couldnt have asked for a better xmas, will be going again in Feb, perfect location as well, it didnt matter york was flooded theres always plenty to find to do, cant wait to go again

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent depending which view u require
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
JULIE_THOMSON, Owner at Minster Walk Accommodation, responded to this review, 8 February 2013
Hi Sue and Andy, thankyou for your review, we look forward to seeing you again in February.
Kindest Regards,
Julie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

Checking in was a hassle free thing. So pleased the room was warm and inviting chocs and beer brill. The location is ideal close to all the major attractions. Only down side was there was no food available on the night. The lady on the bar was no help at reccomending places to eat in the surrounding area. Any way we ventured out went to the hole in the wall . Good food good prices. Headed back to the hotel around 10 to find the bar was shut . What a dissapointment . We did get told the bar would shut at 11 if quiet. !!

• Stayed January 2013
JULIE_THOMSON, Owner at Minster Walk Accommodation, responded to this review, 31 January 2013
Thank you for your review.
Kind Regards,
Julie Thomson
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2013

My brand new Fiance and I have just had a fab two night stay at Coach House Hotel. On arrival we were shown our room; clean and very pleasant. We were there to celebrate my birthday and on the second night of our stay, my boyfriend proposed over a romantic candle-lit dinner. The staff were more than happy to help him organise the 'surprise' - he ordered rib-eye steak the day before (not on the menu), arranged choccies and champagne on ice in our room. Nothing was too much. We finished our meal with Manhatten cocktails. Caroline, the waitress, took some photo's of our special moment (me blubbing!).
The hotel has a great location, just minutes from York Minster. It has free, private parking - tho we walked everywhere. The staff are very friendly and accommodating; special mention to Caroline and Chris, the excellent chef. The breakfasts are first class, with plenty of choice and the full english is prompt and hot, not to mention very tasty! Our bed was warm and v comfy and the whole place was clean. We enjoyed it so much we have already booked our return visit ... a belated Valentines stay. Well done to Julie and her team!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 3 but we had a sneaky peek in Room 4 and it has a lovely 4-poster bed and a view o...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
JULIE_THOMSON, Owner at Minster Walk Accommodation, responded to this review, 26 January 2013
Dear Jay CONGRATULATIONS! I was told all about your romantic proposal on my return from holiday. The girls were "brimming" with delight at being able to share your special day. Caroline and Christine told me in fine detail all about it and I will be showing all the girls your review. Two complimentary Manhatton Cocktails on your return.
Kindest regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I arrived late for Check In at The Coach House Hotel for a small break and I couldn't have asked for a better reception, The Staff helped me check in and helped me to a lovely room, very pleasant and hospitable. The food was gorgeous and I would recommend anyone to try this, those that stay at the hotel and even those who don't. The Hotel is exactly as I imagined it would be, warm and inviting and only a whisker away from the city centre. With all the lovely reception that i recieved from the very customer friendly staff I will be returning to this hotel again in the future. A genuine home from home. a recommendation for anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank J0hnS1234
Dear John,
Just what we like to hear "home from home" and wanting to return. I have been away for 3 weeks and knowing the girls are looking after the guests with genuine warmth and genuine care means I can go away more often!
Kind Regards,
Rawtenstall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Have been visiting this cosy and charming hotel for longer than I care to think - go once a year for Christmas shopping and we are always welcomed warmly by Julie and her team. The hotel has been updated more each time we visit, comfortable rooms, nicely fitted out, a welcome pack - this time of beer! (well receieved by my partner!), comfortable bar and restaurant area and a pleasant lounge to relax in after your meal. Great location as very close to the Minster. It is one of the highlights of my year to return to the Coach House Hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Jane, thankyou for your lovely review, we look forward to seeing you again and hope the further improvements are to your liking.
Kindest Regards,
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2013

I stayed at the Coach house Hotel this week with my grand daughter this was my seventh stay here, although the hotel was quiet as I thought it would be so soon after Xmas and New year the stay was lovely as always. The staff were friendly and efficient helping me arrange taxis as necessary as I have walking problems, breakfasts were excellent with plenty of choice the room was clean,warm and the chocolate brownies in the room were delightful with a cup of tea.My grand daughter said the bed was the most comfortable she had ever slept in,we had dinner in the Hotel during our stay and the food was home cooked and delicious .The Hotel is very central to all York's attractions and the car parking on site is a big plus I will be returning soon and would now not stay any where esle when visiting York,good service, friendly welcoming staff, good food, great location,car parking and lovely rooms.

Room Tip: All rooms lovely steps to some if walking is difficult ground floor recommended.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
JULIE_THOMSON, Owner at Minster Walk Accommodation, responded to this review, 27 January 2013
Hi Sue,
Sorry I didn't see you on this occasion but hope to see you again soon! Thank you for the lovely review and we wish you a very happy 2013.
Regards Julie
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We stayed January 2013 and we stayed in the family room and found it to be really spacious for the 5 of us. all the staff were friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. The hotel was in an ideal location central to everything. We really enjoyed our stay and have already recommended it to someone.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
JULIE_THOMSON, Owner at Minster Walk Accommodation, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Dear Alison, I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Coach House and found your room spacious and comfortable. Its great when people recommend us to other people and hopefully we will see some more Aussies!
kindest regards,