“Good location, great food” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Minster Walk Accommodation
Ranked #19 of 205 York B&B and Inns
Parksville, Canada
“Good location, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

The hotel is 10 minutes walk from York Minster, city centre, river and National Railway Museum. Parking was very limited so we had to leave car keys at reception. Room was good but small although bathroom was more spacious and modern. All appeared to be clean. Stairs and hallways are tight making access to the room with luggage a bit difficult - no elevators. Breakfast was very good. There is a nice lounge where afternoon tea, coffee and cake are served - wonderful after a busy day. Free wifi was available in the lounge but not in the room. The bar is also very nice for a relaxing drink in the evening. Staff were friendly and helpful. Overall, we enjoyed this hotel and recommend it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank thealexpopes
thecoachhouse, Owner at Minster Walk Accommodation, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Hello and thank you for your review. I can honestly say the Coach House is special because we have really lovely people staying here. I remember you, we chatted in the bar. Thank you again.
Regards,
Julie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
north east
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night the room lovely and clean had little touches like shampoo shower gel and biscuits. Breakfast very good choice of cereals fruit yogurt then a full fry up with quality products. Complimentary afternoon tea with homemade cake lemon drizzle cake was lush. Staff very friendly and knowledgable. Beautiful building with original features. Take no notice of the negative reviews on here. Nothing to complain about. Would definitely stay again

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank mturnbull
thecoachhouse, Owner at Minster Walk Accommodation, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear mturnball thank you for your review. Can you tell the Coach House has the ....."Womans's Touch" ?......men probably wouldn't notice the little extras but I always do! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in the future. Mention to us that you are a returning guest and we will try to up-grade you.
kind regards,
Wiltshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed here with my wife on a very hot night in July. The positives were that they supplied a fan for the room, which was desperately needed. The food at breakfast was good, and the location is brilliant, just minutes from York centre. So why the poor rating? We had to wait 30 minutes for our breakfast! It seemed to be a complete surprise to all the staff that they could not cope with the number of people they had booked in! Copious apologies from the lady in charge, but no offer of any sort of refund though, but then we were in Yorkshire. In the bar the night before, lots of nice bottles of red wine but only a decidedly poor, cheap and nasty Merlot available by the glass. Just not good enough for me, you may be more fortunate!

Room Tip: Get down early for breakfast!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank P_SWiltshire
thecoachhouse, Owner at Minster Walk Accommodation, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
I am sorry my explanation about your wait for breakfast was insufficient. We do cook everything to order and although breakfast is between 8am and 10am on the morning you ate 32 people ate breakfast at roughly the same time.
Lichfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night to break our journey. We were sorry that we only stayed for one night. The welcome you receive is wonderful, we were greeted with a fresh pot of tea and slice of homemade cake. It was like visiting family. The little touches, like the cake and the homemade biscuits in the room make all the difference. The breakfast has extensive choice. I can't imagine anyone could be disappointed. It's location, near to the Minster is very convenient. We will definitely return and will recommend this little gem to anyone heading to the area.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
thecoachhouse, Owner at Minster Walk Accommodation, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear Sunseeker, although sometimes its raining and cold....the sun always shines in the Coach House ! and when we make people happy ....we are happy. I am also pleased you were made to feel like "family" because so often these days people are just regarded as an e-mail address. We actually talk here, we smile, we care and we are interested in people. To us in our small hotel with a small number of staff our guests are often like family. Thank you for being so lovely.
Julie.
North Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I'd booked to stay in a twin room for 2 nights with my mum, due to unforeseen circumstances she had to arrange for us to stay in a hotel down the road for the first night, however we were still able to use the carpark and go for breakfast there.
Staff were all brilliant and very helpful, there was always someone around to help.
Breakfast was awesome....lots of choice, hot food was cooked fresh to order.
You can order food for dinner time but we didn't bother as we wanted to eat out.
Nice extra touch during the day its free coffee and cake! It was banana and caramel first day then lemon drizzle the next....yum yum!
We had the twin room on the ground floor, seperate toilet and shower room.
Beds were so comfy, had a superb nights sleep. Lovely decor, toiletries available.
Location is great, its down a quiet street, short walk through the museum gardens and you're in the town, close to the minster.

Will be checking availability of this hotel first next time I come back to york!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Welsh Cat, Firstly thank you for being so understanding about your first night in York. Secondly thank you for your lovely review. thirdly because you two girls were so lovely please ask for room 21 when you next visit, I will only charge you the same as room 15 (the room you had) and I will put extra goodies in your room. If I am unable to take your phone call ask the girls for my mobile number and I will make sure you have one of our best rooms.
Kind Regards,
denbighshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

this was the first time in york for me,the coach house hotel was excellent,the room was very clean and nice,the owner julie and her staff were very happy and friendly,the breakfast was more than expected,i would book this hotel again and i would recommend to others.
thank you all.
r knights

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
thecoachhouse, Owner at Minster Walk Accommodation, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Dear Ronald, I remember you staying here and I am very pleased you enjoyed our hospitality. I will show the girls your review because it gives us all job satisfaction when guests have a nice time.
If you ever return to York ask to speak to me and I will try to make your stay just as good as the last visit.
Crewe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stayed at the Coach House Hotel for one night for a birthday weekend.
I really couldn’t fault the hotel, fantastic location, great price and a huge room which was very well equipped.
I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet base to see York, you will not be disappointed.

I stayed in the family room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear JohnjoG thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted you had great time here. Our rooms are all different some big, some small, however all have the very best beds which usually means a really good nights sleep. My motto is fabulous beds, fabulous breakfasts
and fabulous staff and I really do believe we provide this. The 2 minutes walk to all the major attractions and private car park also helps!
kindest regards,