Minster Walk Accommodation
  • Pool
US$202
US$162
  • Restaurant
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$95
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Park Inn by Radisson York(York)(Great Value!)
US$221
US$100
Park Inn
US$129
US$115
  • Breakfast included
US$434
US$401
Holiday Inn Express York(York)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$71
Hilton York(York)
US$142
US$115
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn York(York)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$90
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn York City Centre(York)(Great Value!)
US$90
  • Restaurant
All reviewscoach housecoffee and cakehome made cakesmuseum gardensbrowniemulled winehomemade breadcity centrefree parkingon arrivalcar parkfour poster bedlittle toucheslots of characterlovely touchshort walkquiet street
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We had three nights at the Coach House Hotel in York. The location is walking distance to everything and the staff could not be friendlier. The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013
thecoachhouse, Owner at Minster Walk Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you Chris, hope you had a good journey back "down-under" it was great having you guy's here and thank you for writing such a lovely review.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed at the Coach House for just one night while traveling through York and we wished we could have stayed longer. The hotel was an old Coach house and was decorated very nicely. They had a comfy sitting area and a bar on the ground floor (you could get dinner there if you let them know in the early afternoon). We checked in and had a very comfortable, clean double room and then the completely charming attic room. The attic room is a bit small, and the toilet is in a small closet off the room, but the shower room has a great skylight that has a view of York Minster. The owner said that some people don’t like the attic room, but I thought it was SO CUTE (although up 2 flights of stairs). As soon as we checked in the owner showed us to our room, left us to unpack and told us she would have tea, coffee and cake ready for us in about 5 min on the ground floor. The cake was amazing and it was the perfect way to settle down after a hectic day traveling.

The hotel is very centrally located, but on a quiet street. We walked about 5-10 minutes to York Minster and 3 minutes to the ruins of St. Mary’s Abbey.

They offered a full English breakfast, with lots of choices. It was fabulous.

I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
thecoachhouse, Owner at Minster Walk Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Jenny,
How fabulous! I will show the girls this email in the morning. Its really lovely to read your review. Thank you for taking the time to write and I will also tell Caroline about the cake.
Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed here just for 1 night and what a pleasent stay we had. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable .This hotel has got charm in shed loads. When we go back to York we will be staying here again, As for the breakfast, this was a very good full english.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
thecoachhouse, Owner at Minster Walk Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you Shaun I am really pleased you enjoyed your visit to York and our hospitality.
Kindest Regards,
Julie Thomson

Reviewed 3 October 2013

I returned from the hotel today, and I want to go again! I attended a conference in York and then arrived at the hotel to be welcomed with very friendly staff and a comfy bed in an immaculate room. Then woke up to a beautiful view from my window and a lovely breakfast. Wish I could've stayed longer. Would definitely recommend and I will certainly be returning.

Room Tip: read the reviews of people that have experience and knowledge beyond your own
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
thecoachhouse, Owner at Minster Walk Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Dear Kt, I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay here and our hospitality. We like to talk to our guests and imagine ourselves staying here. So often when I go away for a couple of days I feel I am just an email address and a credit card number!....... We really do enjoy making your stay here a happy experience.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Lovely little hotel with car parking, we stayed last weekend for 2 nights for a friends wedding - Nice welcome by very friendly staff - free homemade cake and coffee on arrival and available through the day

Lovely spotlessly clean rooms, very comfortable bed and bedding / pillows, although the room wasn't massive it had lots of character and up for the job - spotlessly clean on-suite and shower - lots of nice little touches

Nice bar area with plenty of choice, good service and again very friendly staff, we were possibly a bit noisy on the Friday afternoon but the staff joined in with the craic

Great breakfast, well cooked and good portion size, the best porridge I have ever had!!

Super location, a few minutes walk into the centre of the city, turn right out of the hotel and left after the church, spectacular gardens and a nice little short cut to the centre or down to the river.

We will certainly stay here the next time in York

Thanks again for a lovely stay and great staff

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Leon, Cheers! yes a little bit of banter goes a long way! yesterday I worked a 15 hour shift and I am still feeling tired......then I read your review and I now feel like a spring chicken ha ha
Kind Regards,