“Good value hotel”
Review of Jorvik Hotel

Jorvik Hotel
Ranked #42 of 47 Hotels in York
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Stayed here overnight for our anniversary, arrived for midday as per my booking but was told check in wasn't till 2-3pm. After explaining to the reception, that a time was specified when I made the booking they told us that it was a mistake on the website, however when we had planned our travel to suit our specified arrival time we were pleasantly surprised for them to arrange for our room to be done next and half hour of waiting we had our key. Room was clean and tidy, nail polish marks in the bath tub but bathroom was clean. Bed was comfortable and had a good nights kip, until an inconsiderate guest left their telly on too loud, for the porters and other guests to be banging on their door to turn it down. There was an ironing board resting in the corridor and whilst people were arranging for the telly to be turned off this fell and caused a lot of noise on top people walking loudly and shouting in the corridor. We may stay here again, as money paid was worth it. Breakfast was also good, and a good choice of food, again, great price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Jorvikhotel, General Manager at Jorvik Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Good Morning

Thank you for your review.
Check in time at the hotel is 2pm. You can request an earlier check in which we will always try to accommodate. As you can appreciate check out is not until11am so when the hotel is busy we can not always accommodate these requests.
I am sorry to hear about the noisy guest. This was reported to me by the night porter who did rectify this situation at the time. We do ask guests to be considerate of their neighbours especially when they arrive back to the hotel late.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and the rest of your stay.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

My family of 4 stayed here for one night to explore York. We were traveling by train and the hotel is very easy to get to from the station especially if you cut through the gardens. We had 2 rooms beside one another and they were both very good. We had breakfast at the hotel and found it to be good value for money with a wide choice of cooked and continental breakfast. We would certainly recommend it especially if you are arriving by train.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Jorvikhotel, General Manager at Jorvik Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay here with us. Hopefully we can look forward to welcoming you backto the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The hotel is great for being Central however that is it. The hotel has been decorated very poorly and really rough. We stayed in a room which had paint flaking off the ceiling in the bathroom and I don't ever think that the windows had ever been cleaned. Breakfast was very basic in my opinion. Wouldn't stay again and very expensive. There are better guest houses in this area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jorvikhotel, General Manager at Jorvik Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that you felt your accomodation and breakfast were not to standard. We take alot of care looking after our bedrooms. We also have a constant redecoration programme in place. This runs continually throughout the year.
Our breakfast is freshly cooked to each guests requirements. Along with that is an array of cerials, fresh fruit, tea and coffee and toast with a selction of preserves. If you had require extra or something different that was not on the menu we would have been more than happy to help.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here for one night as we were exploring York. The staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating, the room was very clean, and the location was absolutely perfect for exploring the city! Once you learn about the shortcut via Museum Gardens it is easy to ger just about everywhere in York via the Jorvik. I would definitely recommend getting the breakfast option as it was delicious and incredibly inexpensive for a full-English.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay here with us. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Looks small from the outside, but is spacious inside.

The room was clean and more than large enough. With coffee & Tea making facilities, a large flat screen TV and very comfortable beads.
The Bathroom is equipped with a whirlpool bath and a high tech shower fitting.
The newly renovated Bar looks smart and is well equipped with a good selection of bottled beers wein and sprits.
Mornings a super a la carte breakfast is served from full English to just a boiled egg. A selection of cereals fresh fruit is always available in buffet form, and of course Tea and coffee.
The very friendly staff and a good family atmosphere make this an enjoyable Hotel for both weekend breaks and longer stays.

The location of the Hotel could not be better with a two minute walk through the museum gardens (Entrance is literally across the road from the hotel) past the ruins of St. Mary’s abbey You are in the city center.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Simmyste

Good Afternoon

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay here with us. We look forward to welcoming you back here in the near future.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Had to stay in York due to exams at University, excellent location and such brilliant prices. My partner and I stayed in room 14 and the only thing I can think wrong with it was that it was a little too warm and the heater wouldn't do cold air, but it's probably me being unable to figure it out! Fantastic stay and excellent service, I didn't get to test out the breakfast unfortunately but it did smell yummy as I was walking past the corridor. Tea and coffee making facilities were good too, and easy enough to gain access to the wifi (however I would have preferred to have had wifi in the room due to needing to revise and stuff). All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed my short but sweet stay hre and would highly recommend the Jorvik Hotel to any of my friends travelling to York as it is within easy walking distance of all popular attractions such as the minster (5 minutes, if that!) and york castle museum (10 mins), and I'm a slow walker!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Amy R

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review and i am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay here with us.
We are currently going through an upgrade with our wifi so that is can be accessed from all guest bedrooms. This will still be complimentry .
We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed for one night. Asked to be moved from first room due to unpleasant smell...probably drains. Staff couldn't do enough, moved us immediately without any question. Room was lovely, clean, comfortable bed and remote controlled heating. Breakfast was very good value and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Jorvikhotel, General Manager at Jorvik Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Good Afternoon

Thank you for your review and i am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. We have looked into the smell that was in the room that you were checked into and this has now been rectified.
Hopefully we can look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.