“No longer available”

Haunted Walk of York
Ranked #36 of 59 Tours in York
More attraction details
Owner description: The Haunted Walk of York was started 25 years ago by the same family that runs the tours today. We pride ourselves on traditional storytelling and do not resort to silly gimmicks or theatrics. The Haunted Walk of York begins at 8:00pm every night from Exhibition Square, in front of the City Art Gallery (over the road from Bootham Bar and the Information Centre). Traditional Storytelling 'At its Best'.
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Just tried to go on this walk August 2013. It does not operate anymore. Very disappointed but the gentleman was very polite when I rang up

5  Thank Corinne H

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I had wanted a ghost tour of York that gave me some factual information about the City's rich history and I wasn't disappointed. I really hadn't wanted gimmicks or anything over the top and my guide, Lee, was incredibly informative and obviously takes his job seriously, passing on his knowledge and passion with ease. This was a great walk and I cant recommend it enough. I think they charge way too little for the service they provide.

2  Thank kate78London
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I went on the haunted walk last night, and it was an excellent experience. This is not the kind of ghost walk where actors in costumes jump out at you and tell corny jokes (Although those are fun too, when done the right way). This was a narrated walk around York's nooks and crannies led by a gifted storyteller who has a very deep knowledge of the city and his subject matter. His stories were captivating and based upon witness testimony and/or documentation, which led to an air of credibility. Lee, the guide, is an exceptional speaker, and he has himself witnessed some of the spookier things discussed along the walk. The tales of the orphanage and the Roman army unit were brilliant, and they really get you thinking about York as a haunted city. I highly recommend this walk, but note that it is currently operating only on Friday and Saturday nights.

1  Thank CAChris33
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Had a great walk around some great places in York, and the historical facts were just as fab as the ghost stories. Very mature, no silly costumes, and I didn't need to keep looking over my shoulder for people jumping at me. Our guide knew what he was talking about, and was very eloquent. Will definitely recommend to friends and family

1  Thank CHughes25
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Our ghost walk was led by a fantastically informative guy called Lee. His stories were historical and spooky in equal measures! He made a great effort with all of the people on the tour and was truly passionate about the stories.
It was a fantastic introduction to the history of the city, and although I have now heard all of the stories I would actually go on it again.
Make sure you choose this tour, the lack of gimmicks makes it much more believable and the personal touches involved creates the perfect atmosphere to get lost in the ghost stories told.

3  Thank Scwlab