“For £5 my fiancé and I took a tour of the...”
Review of Mansion House

and up
The York Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #91 of 205 things to do in York
More attraction details
Owner description: The official residence of the Lord Mayor of York and is one of York's great historic treasures houses and one of its best kept secrets of York's civic history from the simplicity of the hall way to the grandeur of the Stateroom, from seeking the secret drawers hidden in a bureau to discovering the chamber pot, The Mansion House is a fascinating building just waiting to be discovered!
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“For £5 my fiancé and I took a tour of the...”
Reviewed 18 October 2010

For £5 my fiancé and I took a tour of the Mansion House in York. It was a Saturday afternoon but there were only a few people on the tour. The guide was reading directly off some print outs and when asked by other tour members what things were, she didn't have a clue. I think attention to detail is needed as it would make the tour a bit more special. The rooms are beautiful though, including the 'yellow room'. If you have an hour or so to spare then head here for a little bit of York history.

2 Thank Kawaii_shika