“Fantastic”
Review of Golden Fleece

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in York
Golden Fleece
Ranked #81 of 192 York B&B and Inns
York, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Our weekly visit to the pub and has not till yet let us down, we are always visiting on weekends and love this place its what keeps us returning all the time, service the staff working which are great we almost know majority of them as we see the same faces all the time and it is the same for them 5*!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
South Shields
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I must have visited this pub a hundred times for drinks and have always enjoyed it, but this is the first time I have stayed over. Stayed for one night in the Shambles Room; our friends stayed in the Minster Room. Both rooms were very clean, comfortable,quirky and full of character. When we arrived the bar was very busy but the staff went out of their way to make us welcome - nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast was huge and very tasty. I have no doubt that we will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
manchester
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I was really pleased that they had Hob Goblin on draft as its one of my favorite real ales..I've not been in for years and there was a new beer garden.Which was good. I used to stop here as a child..and i'm pleased to say its not lost any of its olde worlde charm. Lots of atmosphere..Didn't have any food..but saw people eating and it looked yummy..Would come here again..and i'd eat next time..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Aiasally
sheffield
Reviewed 31 January 2014

My husband and I both love this place, visit every time we go to York. Wednesday night they had guitarists and singers. Great atmosphere lovely people and good drinks. What more can you ask for when you go away for a few days. Will be back at the end of march.ŷ

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank knightvicky
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Look we loved this place, great pub, must see. It was a real experience. Lots of character, loved the slanted floor and uneven walls. We found the service friendly and quick. We had the Giant Yorkshire pudding with beef and mash. Excellent. We still talk about it with fond memories. Great value. This was one of the best English pubs we visited on our trip.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Ocean City, Maryland
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Well after doing the York Ghost Hunt we just had to visit the Golden Fleece. My family found the Pub very comfy and welcoming in a possibly haunted way. The staff were friendly and helpful. While there we had lunch and the food was very very good. The burger I ordered was the best I had on my trip from Scotland to London. Great Pub food and experience. I could not see any ghosts while there ,but I could sense them :) I will definitely stop in again if back in York. Mabe try to stay there as well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Phillip R
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Walked into the Golden Fleece today with my family, after sitting them down I went to the bar to be greated with "if you're staying you need to order food", I asked whether I could perhaps have a drink first "no" was the answer. Then perhaps we could have a look at menu whilst having our first round of drinks? "Go on then", customer service is a winner here! Maybe this pub gets enough custom to be able to be this rude, however I am still from the 'a smile costs nothing' brigade. Avoid unless you just want to say you've had a drink at York's most haunted pub.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Nicholas D

Travellers are raving about these York hotels