“The best staff in the world, thank you!”
Review of The Last Drop Inn

The Last Drop Inn
Ranked #4 of 50 Nightlife in York
More attraction details
Owner description: The staff are friendly, welcoming and what's more, they really know about real ale and are on hand to advise you in your choice of drink. Great location, interesting characters and unique regulars make this an excellent place for people watching. Our pub policy is NO jukeboxes, gaming machines or children, so you can relax and enjoy your drinks in peace and quiet.
Sunderland, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“The best staff in the world, thank you!”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

My wife and I are regulars here whenever we visit York as we're both big real ale fans. Visited here last Sunday and my wife was ill with stomach ache so abstained but i was able to enjoy a couple of the finest pints of Yorkshire Terrier known to man, the beer is really that good it's worth travelling 80 odd miles down the motorway to visit. The staff were magnificent though because my wife took ill in the toilets and was sick down her blouse due to her stomach ache. The staff were brilliant, they went into the toilets to reassure her and supplied her with a York brewery t-shirt to wear, as well as cleaning up the toilet and being really helpful and kind. i don' know their names but the two ladies working Sunday 15th December, long dark hair, long blonde hair and glasses thank you very much, you are both legends and can't wait til next time we in York.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Pallionlad

Batley
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Wow”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

What a meal ! Ate at the inn for the first time today but have drank in there before and the ale was at the usual high standard. However I had the steak and ale pie with potato wedges which was without doubt the finest of its kind I have had anywhere. You may think I am exaggerating when I say that but I mean every word. The pie dish was filled to the brim with the tenderest steak in the most superb gravy topped off with a very nice pastry. There were thick cut tasty potato wedges supported with a mixture of peas and carrots. Whilst the potatoes and veg were fine the pie was fantastic, so much so that my son and I went to see the chef in the kitchen to thank him personally. If you are looking for a great steak and ale pie, look no further and if you are in York you would be a fool to miss out on the chance of trying it.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank AlecBatley
Basildon
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Always great Ale & friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

In York for a day and went for a beer at "The Last Drop" as usual. Received the normal, highly friendly greeting and with a few new (to me) beers on tap I was offered a tasting sample and settled for the excellent American Style IPA from the York Brewery. Brilliant Ale but rather strong for a lunchtime session.

Chatted with some of the locals and enjoyed my brief visit but didn't have a meal this time as I had something else arranged but afterwards wished I'd stayed and had the superb sausages & mash which has never failed to please in the past.

Looking forward to my next trip to York and this excellent pub!

1 Thank Alan E
Scotland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best pub in York”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Friendly staff, great range of beer and brilliant pub food at very keen prices.
What more could you ask.
The big chain pubs could learn a lot from this first class little pub.

1 Thank BobG_Fife
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Best steak pie in the world”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Popped by for a drink on the first day of a long weekend, great atmospheric little pub.

Popped by the next day for steak and ale pie. Amazing! Have no other words for it.
Friendly staff, chef takes a lot of pride in what he serves, neither wonder, he's great at what he does.
Fairly priced too.
would go back in a heartbeat!

1 Thank Lisa F