“Delightful”
Review of The Last Drop Inn

The Last Drop Inn
Ranked #4 of 51 Nightlife in York
More attraction details
Owner description: The staff are friendly, welcoming and what's more, they really know about real ale and are on hand to advise you in your choice of drink. Great location, interesting characters and unique regulars make this an excellent place for people watching. Our pub policy is NO jukeboxes, gaming machines or children, so you can relax and enjoy your drinks in peace and quiet.
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Was in town for the day with a friend and we 'dropped in' to The Last Drop for lunch. My friend chose the Smoked Haddock fish cakes and I chose a Jacket potato with cheese and bacon. Both were absolutely delicious. The staff were friendly and attentive, and the wine just perfect. If I had a complaint at all it would be that the place wasn't very warm - but - it is a popular place and the door was constantly opening. Good for them - not so good for us - but not something that would stop me going back at the earliest opportunity!

1  Thank Silver2844

Reviewed 19 January 2014

...for some local York Ale and the ( choose from a half dozen flavours) bangers and mash are really nice and good value for money also.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

My wife and I are regulars here whenever we visit York as we're both big real ale fans. Visited here last Sunday and my wife was ill with stomach ache so abstained but i was able to enjoy a couple of the finest pints of Yorkshire Terrier known to man, the beer is really that good it's worth travelling 80 odd miles down the motorway to visit. The staff were magnificent though because my wife took ill in the toilets and was sick down her blouse due to her stomach ache. The staff were brilliant, they went into the toilets to reassure her and supplied her with a York brewery t-shirt to wear, as well as cleaning up the toilet and being really helpful and kind. i don' know their names but the two ladies working Sunday 15th December, long dark hair, long blonde hair and glasses thank you very much, you are both legends and can't wait til next time we in York.

2  Thank Pallionlad
Reviewed 15 December 2013

What a meal ! Ate at the inn for the first time today but have drank in there before and the ale was at the usual high standard. However I had the steak and ale pie with potato wedges which was without doubt the finest of its kind I have had anywhere. You may think I am exaggerating when I say that but I mean every word. The pie dish was filled to the brim with the tenderest steak in the most superb gravy topped off with a very nice pastry. There were thick cut tasty potato wedges supported with a mixture of peas and carrots. Whilst the potatoes and veg were fine the pie was fantastic, so much so that my son and I went to see the chef in the kitchen to thank him personally. If you are looking for a great steak and ale pie, look no further and if you are in York you would be a fool to miss out on the chance of trying it.

1  Thank AlecBatley
Reviewed 1 November 2013

In York for a day and went for a beer at "The Last Drop" as usual. Received the normal, highly friendly greeting and with a few new (to me) beers on tap I was offered a tasting sample and settled for the excellent American Style IPA from the York Brewery. Brilliant Ale but rather strong for a lunchtime session.

Chatted with some of the locals and enjoyed my brief visit but didn't have a meal this time as I had something else arranged but afterwards wished I'd stayed and had the superb sausages & mash which has never failed to please in the past.

Looking forward to my next trip to York and this excellent pub!

1  Thank Alan E