“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Last Drop Inn

The Last Drop Inn
Ranked #3 of 50 Nightlife in York
More attraction details
Owner description: The staff are friendly, welcoming and what's more, they really know about real ale and are on hand to advise you in your choice of drink. Great location, interesting characters and unique regulars make this an excellent place for people watching. Our pub policy is NO jukeboxes, gaming machines or children, so you can relax and enjoy your drinks in peace and quiet.
Hovingham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I visit the Last drop Inn regularly ever since I discovered it way way back. I don't know really if I should share this place with others as I may not be able to get through the doors for a pint and a bite. It's well visited as it is by the locals but I really think that visitors should be allowed to share the local York Brewery ale and the many guest beers on offer. The pub is not one of those posh places that charge a fortune just for walking in, it's a good honest no frills place where you can sit down, take the weight of your feet and relax. Apart from the excellent ale, Roberto the chef magics up really good grub and at realistic price. (the sausages and cheese covered wedges are to die for). Do Drop into the Last Drop Inn you will not be disappointed It's not the Ritz but then again it's not a rip off. Cheers, Bill

Visited March 2014

Matlock, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A good break from busy sightseing !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Right in the heart of the city, not far from the top of the famous "Shambles" street. Dropped in for some light refreshment and a light meal.
They serve excellent tea, coffee and of course a good selection of beers wines and spirits.

Speciality of the house is a selection of various sausages, served with lovely mashed potato and lashings of onion gravy.

There are of course further delights on their menu besides sausages. My wife had "probably the best lasagne she has ever tasted". Well, the chef is Italian!

Even our four legged fur friend was made welcome with his own bowl of water and a handfull of doggy biscuits.

We will definitely go back the next time we visit York.

Incidentally; The Last Drop? - Was on the gallows!!!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Ron B
York, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Delightful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Was in town for the day with a friend and we 'dropped in' to The Last Drop for lunch. My friend chose the Smoked Haddock fish cakes and I chose a Jacket potato with cheese and bacon. Both were absolutely delicious. The staff were friendly and attentive, and the wine just perfect. If I had a complaint at all it would be that the place wasn't very warm - but - it is a popular place and the door was constantly opening. Good for them - not so good for us - but not something that would stop me going back at the earliest opportunity!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Silver2844
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Good spot...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

...for some local York Ale and the ( choose from a half dozen flavours) bangers and mash are really nice and good value for money also.

Visited January 2014
Sunderland, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 137 helpful votes
“The best staff in the world, thank you!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

My wife and I are regulars here whenever we visit York as we're both big real ale fans. Visited here last Sunday and my wife was ill with stomach ache so abstained but i was able to enjoy a couple of the finest pints of Yorkshire Terrier known to man, the beer is really that good it's worth travelling 80 odd miles down the motorway to visit. The staff were magnificent though because my wife took ill in the toilets and was sick down her blouse due to her stomach ache. The staff were brilliant, they went into the toilets to reassure her and supplied her with a York brewery t-shirt to wear, as well as cleaning up the toilet and being really helpful and kind. i don' know their names but the two ladies working Sunday 15th December, long dark hair, long blonde hair and glasses thank you very much, you are both legends and can't wait til next time we in York.

Visited December 2013