“Great staff”
Review of The Last Drop Inn

The Last Drop Inn
Ranked #3 of 53 Nightlife in York
More attraction details
Owner description: The staff are friendly, welcoming and what's more, they really know about real ale and are on hand to advise you in your choice of drink. Great location, interesting characters and unique regulars make this an excellent place for people watching. Our pub policy is NO jukeboxes, gaming machines or children, so you can relax and enjoy your drinks in peace and quiet.
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The staff really made our visit to this place for me. The barmaid was lovely and very helpful. Good range of real ales, not a great choice of food though. On the plus side it was the best steak and ale pie I have ever tasted! The interior leaves a lot to be desired however and it would have been nice to have more choice on the menu

1  Thank Kettleclock
"shambles"
in 11 reviews
"yorkshire"

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I visit the Last drop Inn regularly ever since I discovered it way way back. I don't know really if I should share this place with others as I may not be able to get through the doors for a pint and a bite. It's well visited as it is by the locals but I really think that visitors should be allowed to share the local York Brewery ale and the many guest beers on offer. The pub is not one of those posh places that charge a fortune just for walking in, it's a good honest no frills place where you can sit down, take the weight of your feet and relax. Apart from the excellent ale, Roberto the chef magics up really good grub and at realistic price. (the sausages and cheese covered wedges are to die for). Do Drop into the Last Drop Inn you will not be disappointed It's not the Ritz but then again it's not a rip off. Cheers, Bill

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Right in the heart of the city, not far from the top of the famous "Shambles" street. Dropped in for some light refreshment and a light meal.
They serve excellent tea, coffee and of course a good selection of beers wines and spirits.

Speciality of the house is a selection of various sausages, served with lovely mashed potato and lashings of onion gravy.

There are of course further delights on their menu besides sausages. My wife had "probably the best lasagne she has ever tasted". Well, the chef is Italian!

Even our four legged fur friend was made welcome with his own bowl of water and a handfull of doggy biscuits.

We will definitely go back the next time we visit York.

Incidentally; The Last Drop? - Was on the gallows!!!

1  Thank Ron B
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Was in town for the day with a friend and we 'dropped in' to The Last Drop for lunch. My friend chose the Smoked Haddock fish cakes and I chose a Jacket potato with cheese and bacon. Both were absolutely delicious. The staff were friendly and attentive, and the wine just perfect. If I had a complaint at all it would be that the place wasn't very warm - but - it is a popular place and the door was constantly opening. Good for them - not so good for us - but not something that would stop me going back at the earliest opportunity!

1  Thank Silver2844