Holiday Inn York
  • Breakfast included
US$184
US$151
  • Pool
York Marriott Hotel(York)(Great Value!)
US$93
Hotels.com
US$112
US$95
1,439 results
All reviewstadcaster roadcity centrerace coursecross keysexecutive roomsmall bathroomfree parkingreception staffbus stophotel restaurantcar parkbuffet stylewould stay againleave the carstayed one nightgood nights sleeptea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We booked this hotel so that we could have a couple of days in York for our wedding anniversary, and so glad we did. As a IHG Gold customer, this was recognised as soon as we checked in by Kelly who was so pleasant and friendly in reception. We were given an executive room which was at the end of a corridor and was just perfect. The room had all the little extras, a king size bed, fridge with complimentary chocolate and water, large LCD 40 inch screen TV, nice furnishings, and quality toiletries. Buffet Breakfast was nice, with fruit, yogurt, cereals, cooked English breakfast and coffee/tea/juices. Staff are friendly and efficient. We will return to this hotel again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisDeanCastleford
HIYork, General Manager at Holiday Inn York, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear ChrisDeanCastleford
So pleased you had an enjoyable wedding anniversary and many thanks for your great feedback.
General Manger

Reviewed 4 June 2014

20 of us booked into the hotel for a family reunion last weekend and paid an awful lot of money to stay there. Everything was as it should be but in retrospect it is a pretty soul-less hotel, especially in such a stunning city as York. The biggest shock of the weekend was the cost of drinks. I'd say London prices with a 30% premium were being charged in the hotel bar. My sister in law had a large glass of wine & it cost £9.00!!! Breakfast was ok, everything you could want was available so no real complaints there. My advice, if you visit York for pleasure, stay away from this hotel, there are plenty more character full hotels that don't rip off the clients with stupid drink costs. We all regret going there and won't go again. Nearly forgot..... No tea or coffee offered during breakfast, you had to ask!!!

1  Thank Craig1967
HIYork, General Manager at Holiday Inn York, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Craig1967
I do hope you all had a great family reunion, I am sorry for your feelings towards the hotel, the hotel was built in 1970’s and is typical in style of buildings of that era. However within the hotel we do endeavour for our guests to be comfortable and have a pleasant, relaxing time. Our food and beverage prices are set by our head office but we do offer a wide range of wine with a choice of prices and glass sizes these range from £4.90 for a 175 ml glass of white or red wine going up to a 250ml glass of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc at £8.90 or and intense red at £9.25. I will be sharing your comments with my Restaurant Manager as tea and coffee is served during breakfast and this should be without asking. Please be assured your comments are warmly welcomed and are being used in a constructive manner.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We spent 3 days at the Holiday Inn York. The hotel is very clean and welcoming. Please service was impeccable. There was one small blip but this was rectified immediately and with great consideration. The reception team has been simply outstanding with all their recommendations having been genuinely made and based on the experience of guests of the hotel. All the staff here are first class and the stay in York has been made all the more memorable by the stay at the Holiday Inn. The all manager and head of department services deserve a very big pat on the back. The hotel is good value for money, its location, ambience and level of service make it extremely good value. The next time we come to York, we will undoubtedly stay in this hotel again.

2  Thank zuzana r
HIYork, General Manager at Holiday Inn York, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear zuzana r
I was delighted to read your review and felt very proud with regard to how you praised all of the team. Please be assured I will be sharing your comments with everyone, these will make a great impact upon their job satisfaction
Many thanks

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stayed over the Whitsun Bank Holiday with my son for a cycling trip. The hotel is located around 2 miles from the city centre and is a lovely 30 min walk or better still cycle ride. This gives advantage of avoiding masses emptying out of York station into nearer hotels also the pubs and clubs of Saturday night York. It is set in lovely grounds next to York racecourse. A welcoming reception area and courteous welcoming staff (particularly Hayley).

Our room was spacious and the twin beds were comfortable with a selection of pillows. I liked the toiletries replenished daily replaced when the rooms were efficiently cleaned. The room temperature controls ensured a comfortable nights sleep. I must admit I tend to use hotels mainly for getting my head down so I cannot comment on the facilities. From a critical point of view I think the bathroom could benefit from some refurbishment e.g. shower curtain/rings, some tiling, etc. A nice touch could be to provide biscuits as standard with the tea/coffee making facilities. Holiday Inn Express have microwave facilities, would be great to have that here too.

The breakfast room was airy and the selection was varied: a range of cereals; the hot selection was eggs - fried/scrambled, bacon, sausages, black pudding, hash browns, tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans; toast/croissants/Danish; cold meats & cheese. There didn't however appear to be a choice of yoghurt? There are 'make your own' pancake facilities - a nice touch but I didn't try this.

I'd like improved cycling facilities i.e. dedicated bike shed (with cc tv) rather than 4 bike stands could also attract potential customers (cyclists using N65 cycle route).

Room Tip: I'd like to have a room facing the back looking over the York racecourse next time -more scenic
1  Thank 777sirdon
HIYork, General Manager at Holiday Inn York, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear 777sirdon
Many thanks for reviewing your stay, your feedback is very warmly welcomed and please be assured I will be discussing your suggestions regarding our cycling facilities further. I am delighted you had a comfortable stay and found our team to be welcoming. I will also be sharing your comments with Hayley who will be delighted to of received a mention in your review.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Right by the racecourse and a Park and Ride is close by to get into York (free parking and £2.70 return).
Generally a bit drab and the staff seemed a little stressed. There is a good Pub opposite where I received a welcome and good food and free wifi which was the opposite of my reception at the restaurant -it was empty but they couldn't fit me in as a solo guest for 40 minutes.
...and don't get me started on paying for wifi in hotels
;)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Fliss22

Dear Fliss22
Thank you for your review and your constructive comments, I am very sorry for your findings with regard to our team, these do concern me as this is not typical of our usual feedback which praises our team , I therefore will be checking on the situations which occurred over this period of time. I am pleased to advise you that Free Internet is being introduced to all IHG Reward Members from the 1st July, IHG Rewards is our loyal membership which is free to join.
With Kind Regards