“Appalling”
Review of Loop Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Loop Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: New Loop is officially opened!! We serve excellent DRINKS and FINE DINNING!!!
Reviewed 17 March 2013 via mobile

Good afternoon sports fans. To all of you who have considered watching a game in Loop Sports Bar... Don't. Now I know why their first effort with the bar and grill failed miserably. Absolutely shocking customer service and false advertising. Advertised our game and served us drinks when we were wearing our team shirts to only show the first half without informing us and offering no sincere apology. Stick to the terrace and the windmill guys and girls. Be the good samaritan and let your mates know too.

Reviewed 26 January 2013

I thought that some of the reviews werer a bit harsh - I mean, who expects to be escorted to their table in a sports bar? As for the complaint about the loud commentary coming from the screens - come on folks, try to keep up!

Here is my experience:
I visited the Loop on a Saturday afternoon with my son to watch a game. There are lots of screens, and the seating layout is good. Food is the standard sports bar offering, but the quality and value were good, and you can see the kitchen, which is reassuring. One slight moan - the latté was a bit insipid, but the rest was fine.

Everything was clean and bright, and the service was good - although it wasn't very full, I don't know how it is in the evening.

All in all, a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

A party of ten of us booked a table for a meal after the panto at the Barbican. When we arrived our table was reserved and we sat and sat and sat, no one came to take our order or even acknowledged our presence. The noise from the many televisions was horrendous, we ended up having one drink in this dump and headed off for town. This place started off as a rather good restaurant when it first opened but it's now calling itself a sports bar, I cannot comment on the food because we weren't even approached by any of the staff regarding ordering anything. If you are as deaf as a post this place will not phase you but if your hearing is good keep away because you will be deafened by the time you leave. Avoid at all costs.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

First time visit to Loop. Paid £1 for a membership card then guzzled the best ever tequila sunrise cocktails (bizarrely named the bavarian). Two cocktails for 6 quid with membership card. BARGAIN! Good for the footie too.

Reviewed 14 December 2012

I visited the bar on a Tuesday night for a League Cup quarter-final match and was very impressed. The bar is clean, the staff were friendly, service was quick and the "Steve Davis" burger followed by the apple crumble was excellent

Plenty of screens and a big screen projector so there'll always be a chance of seeing the event you want. And if it's not on then the staff seem happy to put the event on a screen near where you are sitting.

Only downsides I can think is that the toilets have a bit of a "portakabin" feel and that music is played during half time or "non-action" periods when you might actually want t hear what the pundits have to say.