“Excellent Food, Service With A Smile”
Review of Pret a Manger

Pret a Manger
Ranked #449 of 870 Restaurants in York
Cuisines: Cafe, Fast food, British, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Food, Service With A Smile”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Lovely food at a very good value for money. Personally I am a customer of Pret a Manger and I eat there at whatever location it is in.

This store a friendly high spirit atmosphere. The shop itself is very good with its indoor and outdoor seating and is very spacious. Overall the shop is very good alike all the other Pret a Manger stores that I have been to.

I would definitely recommend and will go there again.

• Visited June 2013

Selby, United Kingdom
“Always the same high standard of food and service every time we eat and which ever branch we eat at.”
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Lovely food, freshly prepared & as I'm lactose intolerant they will always prepare me something other than off the shelf and high quality ingredients. For us perhaps the best sandwiches you can buy.

• Visited July 2013
Welwyn
“Good for a snack”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Sandwiches and toasties are excellent, Not sophisticated service or atmosphere but if you want a bite and a good cup of liquid refreshment then Pret is always OK. York was no better or worse than others I have visited.

But it was busy and there were no seats upstairs or down so we had to sit at the outside tablrs where it was very windy and a bit on the cool side. But I cannot blame the café for that,

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My husband and I visited York on bank holiday Monday. When we arrived we went in pret a manger for a coffee and Danish before walking round York. I ordered and was asked for six pounds forty gave ten pounds then realised I had seven pounds in change so offered this, after much discussion with another member of staff, he could not work out that he would only have to give me sixty pence change so asked for the ten pounds back because the till had worked the change out. When I sat down with my coffee(black americano)it was very weak so I went back and asked for an espresso to be added to it they didn't know how to do it and refused to admit that the coffee was not strong enough so she made me another it was disgusting. They no longer use a barristo but a bean to cup which must be set very low probably to make more money so if you visit York there is other coffee houses use them.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“disappointing experience at Designer Outlet Pre a Manger”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We ordered two sandwiches and two drinks to eat in. No plates provided so you have to balance the sandwich in its wrapper or in a serviette on the tray . Tea came in a cup, charged at higher rate for sitting inside, my coffee came in a paper cup but was charged at the "inside" rate (30 p more). I asked if I could have a proper cup as I was sitting inside to be told that my coffee would not fill one of the cups so it was served in a paper cup!!!!! What a load of rubbish, just fill the cup up as you are charging the same rate for all coffees. Suggest if you go here , eat ouside in the foyer , you will save some money as eating inside is just like eating outside - just that you pay more. The staff just cannot be bothered with quality.