“Fabulous find”

Ranked #1 of 57 Coffee & Tea in York
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: European, Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Our welcoming licensed café and deli has a distinctly European feel. We fuse French and Italian cuisine seamlessly with the best that Yorkshire has to offer.
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Fabulous find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Chose this for a late lunch for the name - they're no relation as far as I know lol
Paul had a delicious and large burger and Anita and I both had the afternoon tea. It was large, fresh and very tasty. All the food was good quality, we didn't wait long for our food once we'd got a table - it's a popular place. We did have to wait for a table (along with a few others) but were given a complimentary taster cup of fruit tea whilst waiting. The staff were all friendly and efficient. We'll definitely go back

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
Martletwy, United Kingdom
“Hidden away gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Within striking distance of York Minster, this is a wonderful hidden away gem that you could walk right past and not realise that there is much seating to be experienced in the little courtyard at the back and also upstairs. There is always much hype about Betty's and this deli cafe deserves much praise for its quality of food and its friendly service. Bread, cakes and those lovely sausage rolls made daily on the premises.

• Visited July 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Brunch needed and stumbled across Mannion & Co. Window filled with interesting cakes, and whilst the menu looked a bit weak, the specials board attracted us through the door. Dishes look pricey, but ingredient quality is high, and we had no problem with the quantity, which were large.

My Yorkshire Rarebit with bacon was delicious, although a wee bit too much salt for my taste. Partners mushrooms on toast was luscious; you can't go wrong with mushrooms fried in butter. The boards coming to neighbouring looked very good too!

No way we could attempt a cake on this occasion; perhaps on our next trip! Well worth a visit.

Visited July 2014
sheffield
“Lovely place but lacking in Gluten Free dishes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This is a gem of a cafe serving quality food and drinks. Food is imaginatively created and always presented very well. Having visited on numerous occasions this was my first visit since having to go on a Gluten Free diet and I was somewhat dissapointed. When the waitress came to take our order, I enquired as to which dishes would be suitable to which her quite smug reply was " err well I suppose anything without bread!" This showed a complete lack of knowledge as gluten is present in so much more than bread. She did not offer to ask the chef what was suitable or seem interested at all. In fact I was made to feel an inconvenience! In the end I opted for a safe choice - scrambled egg and bacon without the toast. However was still charged for the toast! I feel that this situation could have been handled much better. It would be helpful to have GF dishes highlighted on the menu like many places do. Also if unsure I would expect waiting staff to go and check.
My partners chose the hotdog which came with chutney and salad this looked and I am told was amazing. However I left feeling slightly disappointed. In stark contrast the following day we went to Bettys tea rooms. When asked what was GF the lovely waitress knew every suitable option and could also identify choices that could be adapted. She said that so many people now have food allergies and intolerances that Bettys train all their staff regarding this. What a difference this makes!
In summary M & Co is a lovely place for lunch or afternoon tea. The food is always top quality and the environment is beutiful and typically British. However if you have special dietary requirements you might leave feeling disappointed and wished you had gone to Bettys!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank klmSheffield
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We enjoyed a tea and brownie here. The brownie was excellent.

They offer a wide range of teas.

The food menu looked good and what we saw of the food smelt and looked great. Shame we had already eaten lunch earlier.

Visited July 2014