“Disapointed”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Plush Spa York
Reviewed 12 September 2012

As a lot of the other reveiwers I purchased the Elemis facial voucher from Travelzoo, on the day of purchase rang up to arrange told they could do 1 person on the Wednesday, but the voucher has to be used by 2 together told by the bookings clerk that they could not do 2 people together at the moment & to ring back.

I kept ringing back to be told that:-

For the first half a dozen calls bookings clerk was out on lunch & would ring back never happened

Then on the penultimate call they where having new treatment rooms built that where nearing completion & she would ring me back before the offer expired as they would be able to do most dates, the phone call never came so when I rang back I was told that the building work would not be complete before the voucher rang out so to contact Travelzoo for a refund no appology nothing just a take it or leave it attitude.

I am really disapointed that a company would enter into a promotion that they can not honour & TBH surprised that they are endorsed by elemis

1  Thank RazzleDazzle62

Reviewed 6 September 2012

Similar experience to other voucher purchasers. Had to throw the voucher away & put it down to bad experience in the end! Very disappointing & terrible way to treat customers, whether voucher purchasers or not. A word of advice.. do not offer quick money voucher sales if you cannot honour them!

2  Thank J0anneY0rk
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I had booked a voucher with the Plush Spa concession in the Royal York Hotel with 2 of my friends, booked days off work travelled from Leeds etc only to find that the therapist had called in sick and no one was sent to cover her. She was uncontactable and the "receptionist" at Plush Spa told us to call back later and speak to the manager. No one tried to call us despite having our details. Disgraceful.

2  Thank A G
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Just like the comment below, I purchased a voucher off Travelzoo for a day at the spa as a present for my mum and I. Despite numerous phone calls to try and arrange the day over several months with the promise of a call back as each time their reservation person was on lunch (I'm still waiting for these calls back!) They had no availability for any days when we finally got through.

I will definitely never visit this spa and would advise everyone not to purchase any vouchers as they may be unwilling to then honor.

1  Thank sem2uk
See more reviews
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Purchased a special offer voucher from Travelzoo which was for a Mothers Day present. It said it would last until the beginning of September 2012. Tried to book for us both this morning only to be advised that the offer was no longer being accepted and that I would need to apply to Travelzoo for a refund. So unable to comment on anything other than poor service and advise not to purchase any vouchers as they may be unable or unwilling to then honour.

2  Thank ejp1001